• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Delaware Influenza 2017-18; 34 fatalities

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
State confirms first flu death of 2017 in New Castle man
Meredith Newman, The News Journal Published 11:30 a.m. ET Dec. 13, 2017 | Updated 11:48 a.m. ET Dec. 13, 2017

Delaware has confirmed its first flu death of 2017 in a 47-year-old man from New Castle County, state health officials said Wednesday.

The man died last week at a local hospital, officials said. The Delawarean, who was infected with influenza A, lived in a long-term care facility and had multiple underlying health conditions.
...
http://www.delawareonline.com/story/...man/948159001/
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Flu claims its second Delaware victim of the season
Maddy Lauria, The News Journal Published 2:16 p.m. ET Dec. 28, 2017 | Updated 3:34 p.m. ET Dec. 28, 2017

An 83-year-old New Castle County woman has died from the flu, marking Delaware?s second flu-related death this season, state health officials said Thursday.

The woman, who was living at a long-term care facility, had underlying health conditions and died at a local hospital last week, officials said.
...
http://www.delawareonline.com/story...lu-claims-its-second-victim-season/987950001/
 
Delaware records 3rd flu death, more than 900 confirmed ill

DOVER, Del. ? Delaware has announced the state?s third flu death of what?s turned out to be a particularly bad season.

The state?s Division of Public Health said in a statement Wednesday that a 76-year-old man from Sussex County died in a hospital over the weekend. His passing follows the deaths of an 83-year-old woman and a 47-year-old man. Both lived in New Castle County.


At this time last year, two people had died from the flu. But the state is seeing far more flu cases this season.
 
[h=1]Flu skyrockets in Delaware: Over 650 cases in one week, Sussex County man dead[/h]
[FONT=&quot]The Flu has skyrocketed in Delaware as the Division of Public Health reports that there were 650 lab-confirmed flu cases recorded between January 21 and January 27.

One-week totals are now surpassing the highest single-week totals from the last flu season. The highest single-week total in the 2016-2017 flu season was 571.

The most recent weekly number brings the total number of flu cases to 1,950 for the 2017-2018 season.

The surge in flu cases comes with additional news that a fourth person has died of flu-related complications in Delaware.

An 82-year-old Sussex County man, who had several underlying health conditions, passed away last week at a local hospital.

Of the four flu deaths in Delaware this season, two have been Sussex County residents and two were New Castle County residents.
[/FONT]
 
Delaware announces 10 flu deaths

By Staff Reports
Posted at 3:39 PM
Elevated flu activity is expected for many weeks to come, according to the Division of Public Health.

The Division of Public Health has announced six flu-related deaths have occurred in Delaware in the last week alone, bringing the season?s total to 10.

Of the six individuals who recently passed away, five were from New Castle County and one was from Sussex County. The individuals ranged from age 60 to 93 years old, and all had underlying health conditions.
...
http://www.sussexcountian.com/news/20180212/delaware-announces-10-flu-deaths
 
Latest First State flu death involves persion without other health issues
By TOM BYRNE ? 41 MINUTES AGO


DELAWARE PUBLIC MEDIA

Delaware?s Division of Public Health is reporting another flu death, but the latest victim is different.

Flu claimed a 47-year New Castle County woman earlier this week and she is the first person to die locally that did not have other underlying health conditions.
...
http://delawarepublic.org/post/late...-involves-persion-without-other-health-issues
 
Single-Week Flu Cases Increase Again, DPH Reports Additional Flu Deaths, Including First in Kent County
Date Posted: Monday, February 19th, 2018
Categories: News Public Health

graphic of the words flu season, a thermometer and aspirinrDOVER ? Single week numbers of laboratory-confirmed flu cases increased again in Delaware. The Division of Public Health (DPH) reports that there were 1,268 lab-confirmed flu cases recorded between February 4 to February 10. This brings the season?s total to 4,235. Last season?s final figures of 4,590, were the highest number of seasonal cases since record keeping began in 2004.

Additionally, DPH is announcing eight flu-related deaths; six of them occurred in the last week, and two occurred earlier in the season but were just recently reported. Influenza-related deaths are a reportable condition in Delaware. The most recent deaths bring the season?s total number of flu-related fatalities to 18. All of the six individuals who passed away last week were from New Castle County. The individuals ranged from age 44 to 89 years old, and none had gotten a flu vaccine this year. All but one had underlying health conditions. Of the two deaths that occurred previously, both victims were from Kent County. One, a 66-year old male died in January, and the second, a 71-year old female, died earlier in February. Both had multiple underlying health conditions and neither had been vaccinated.
...
https://news.delaware.gov/2018/02/19/de-flu-cases-increase-dph-reports-additional-deaths/
 
Weekly Flu Cases Hit Record High Again; DPH Reports Five Additional Flu-Related Deaths
Date Posted: Monday, February 26th, 2018
Categories: Delaware Health and Social Services News Public Health

DOVER ? Single-week totals for flu cases are again hitting record highs. For the week of February 11-18, 2018, the Division of Public Health (DPH) is reporting 1,521 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases. The total number of flu cases for the season is now at 5,758, an all-time high since record-keeping began with the 2004-2005 season. These numbers only reflect only laboratory-confirmed flu cases and the actual number of flu cases in the community is likely much higher.graphic of the words flu season, a thermometer and aspirinr

In addition to the 1,521 new lab-confirmed cases, DPH is also announcing that there have been five more flu-related deaths since February 19. The individuals ranged from 62 to 86 years old and all had underlying health conditions. Three were from New Castle County, one was from Kent County, and one was from Sussex County. These five deaths bring the season total to 23. The most deaths reported in a single season was 28 in 2014-2015.
...
https://news.delaware.gov/2018/02/2...h-reports-five-additional-flu-related-deaths/
 
During MMWR Week 8, there were 893 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing
the total to 6,674 confirmed cases for the 2017-2018 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating
providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 2.7% compared with Delaware?s 2017-2018 baseline of 2.0%.
Nationally, ILI is 5.0% compared with the 2017-2018 national baseline of 2.2%.

24 fatalities have been reported.
http://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/epi/files/flu2018wk08.pdf
 
National
Flu death toll in Delaware increases to 28, ties record high
By Associated Press March 5 at 1:06 PM
DOVER, Del. ? Delaware public health officials say the death toll from the flu has risen to 28, tying the record death total from three years ago.

Officials said Monday that the most recently reported deaths all involved New Castle County residents with underlying health conditions.

Meanwhile, officials say the number of confirmed flu cases appears to be leveling off. There were 893 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases for the week ending February 24, a sharp drop from the record 1,521 cases reported the previous week.
...
https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...420060cb7bd_story.html?utm_term=.e7ed2df935c7
 
Flu Deaths Hit All-Time High; Weekly Case Numbers Continue to Drop
Date Posted: Monday, March 12th, 2018
Categories:

"DOVER ? The Division of Public Health (DPH) is reporting two more flu-related deaths that occurred during the last two weeks of February, bringing the 2017-2018 season death total to 30. This number breaks the previous single-season record of 28 flu-related deaths, set in 2014-2015. The deceased were both females, 83 and 84 years old, from New Castle and Kent counties, respectively. Both had multiple underlying health conditions.
...
https://news.delaware.gov/2018/03/12/flu-deaths-hit-record-high/
 
DPH Announces New Flu-Related Death as Numbers of Statewide Cases Continue to Drop
Date Posted: Monday, March 19th, 2018


DOVER ? Statewide flu totals in Delaware decreased for the third week in a row, according to the Division of Public Health (DPH). During the week ending March 10, DPH reports 290 laboratory-confirmed flu cases, down from the prior week?s total of 381 confirmed cases. The latest numbers increase the total number of influenza cases for the season to 7,433. DPH is also reporting one additional flu-related death, a 62-year-old female from New Castle County with multiple underlying health conditions, bringing the number of flu-related deaths for the 2017-2018 flu season to 31.
...
https://news.delaware.gov/2018/03/19/dph-announces-new-flu-related-death/
 
Delaware Influenza Surveillance 2017-2018:
During MMWR Week 12, there were 251 laboratory-confirmed cases of influenza reported among Delaware residents, bringing
the total to 7,902 confirmed cases for the 2017-2018 season. Reports of influenza-like illness (ILI) received from participating
providers, facilities and institutions in Delaware show ILI is 1.3% compared with Delaware?s 2017-2018 baseline of 2.0%.
Nationally, ILI is 2.5% compared with the 2017-2018 national baseline of 2.2%.

32 fatalities reported.
http://dhss.delaware.gov/dhss/dph/epi/files/flu2018wk12.pdf
 
As Delaware reports 3 more flu deaths, officials warn the season isn't over yet
Updated: APRIL 9, 2018 ? 6:33 PM EDT


by Stacey Burling, Staff Writer @StaceyABurling | sburling@phillynews.com
This year?s flu season has long since peaked, but flu isn?t done with us yet.

Delaware public health officials are urging people to take measures to prevent spread of the viral disease after three more flu-related deaths were reported among the state?s residents in the last two weeks of March.

The deaths involved people ages 80 to 99 with multiple underlying health problems. They brought the season?s total to 34 flu-related deaths in Delaware. The most reported in a previous season was 28 in 2014-15.
...
http://www.philly.com/philly/health...s-warn-the-season-isnt-over-yet-20180409.html
 
Back
Top