Treyfish
Moderator
2014-08-07 20:20:16 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Guo Yan
<table id="dstTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
A message going viral recently on Wechat said a male Chinese tourist with a fever was admitted to the Pudong New Area People's Hospital on August 2 after returning from Nigeria.
It's rumored that the man, unidentified in the message, was later diagnosed of a highly suspected case of Ebola, a deadly disease now prevailing in western Africa.
The hospital clarified that the man, showing no ebola symptoms such as hemorrhagic fever and gastrointestinal problems, left the hospital on August 5 and that the hospital operates smoothly.
To assuage panics, the authorities said they have taken precautious measures and will inform the public immediately if any suspected Ebola case was found.
They also suggested the public not believe or spread rumours, online or offline.
Song Shuli, spokeswoman of China's National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), confirmed to a press conference Thursday that no Ebola cases have been reported in China so far.
A disease prevention and control plan has also been laid out, stipulating local medical institutions directly report to NHFPC within two hours if a confirmed or suspected Ebola case was found.
Song advised the public to learn more about the virus and about how to resist its infection.
She also said the risk of the virus spreading beyond Africa is still low, citing an evaluation report from the WHO.:tiphat:http://english.cri.cn/12394/2014/08/07/3742s839457.htm
</td></tr></tbody></table>
<table id="dstTable" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td>
Health and disease prevention authourities in Shanghai have dismissed reports that there is a suspected Ebola case being treated at a local hospital, Xinhua reported Wednesday.
Health and disease prevention authourities in Shanghai have dismissed reports that there is a suspected Ebola case being treated at a local hospital, Xinhua reported Wednesday.A message going viral recently on Wechat said a male Chinese tourist with a fever was admitted to the Pudong New Area People's Hospital on August 2 after returning from Nigeria.
It's rumored that the man, unidentified in the message, was later diagnosed of a highly suspected case of Ebola, a deadly disease now prevailing in western Africa.
The hospital clarified that the man, showing no ebola symptoms such as hemorrhagic fever and gastrointestinal problems, left the hospital on August 5 and that the hospital operates smoothly.
To assuage panics, the authorities said they have taken precautious measures and will inform the public immediately if any suspected Ebola case was found.
They also suggested the public not believe or spread rumours, online or offline.
Song Shuli, spokeswoman of China's National Health and Family Planning Commission (NHFPC), confirmed to a press conference Thursday that no Ebola cases have been reported in China so far.
A disease prevention and control plan has also been laid out, stipulating local medical institutions directly report to NHFPC within two hours if a confirmed or suspected Ebola case was found.
Song advised the public to learn more about the virus and about how to resist its infection.
She also said the risk of the virus spreading beyond Africa is still low, citing an evaluation report from the WHO.:tiphat:http://english.cri.cn/12394/2014/08/07/3742s839457.htm
</td></tr></tbody></table>