Shiloh
Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/covid-19-bc-update-december-7-2020-1.5831343
B.C. extends COVID-19 household restrictions into January, as province records 2,020 new cases
All events and gatherings are also banned until that time with some exceptions, says Dr. Bonnie Henry
Alex Migdal ? CBC News ? Posted: Dec 07, 2020 11:04 AM PT | Last Updated: 21 minutes ago
LiProvincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and health minister Adrian Dix provide the latest numbers on COVID-19 in the province. 0:00ve
B.C.'s provincial health officer extended the ban on social gatherings for another month on Monday, as the province recorded 35 more deaths related to COVID-19 and 2,020 new cases over the weekend.
Residents will continue to only be able to socialize with people in their household until Jan. 8 at midnight, Dr. Bonnie Henry announced.
All events and gatherings are also banned until that time, with the exception of drive-thru and drop-off events, such as toy drives and light shows.
Other restrictions will continue indefinitely, including a ban on in-person faith services and high-intensity group fitness classes.
Henry said the restrictions put in place earlier this month are starting to work, but the province can't afford a rebound of cases and a resulting surge in hospitalizations.
"We are not yet through this storm and we can not let up now," she said.
The latest reporting period spanned three days and included: 647 cases between Friday and Saturday, 726 cases between Saturday and Sunday, and 647 cases between Sunday and Monday.
The province has 9,380 active cases. A total of 349 people are in hospital, with 77 people in intensive care.
The death toll stands at 527...
B.C. extends COVID-19 household restrictions into January, as province records 2,020 new cases
All events and gatherings are also banned until that time with some exceptions, says Dr. Bonnie Henry
Alex Migdal ? CBC News ? Posted: Dec 07, 2020 11:04 AM PT | Last Updated: 21 minutes ago
LiProvincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and health minister Adrian Dix provide the latest numbers on COVID-19 in the province. 0:00ve
B.C.'s provincial health officer extended the ban on social gatherings for another month on Monday, as the province recorded 35 more deaths related to COVID-19 and 2,020 new cases over the weekend.
Residents will continue to only be able to socialize with people in their household until Jan. 8 at midnight, Dr. Bonnie Henry announced.
All events and gatherings are also banned until that time, with the exception of drive-thru and drop-off events, such as toy drives and light shows.
Other restrictions will continue indefinitely, including a ban on in-person faith services and high-intensity group fitness classes.
Henry said the restrictions put in place earlier this month are starting to work, but the province can't afford a rebound of cases and a resulting surge in hospitalizations.
"We are not yet through this storm and we can not let up now," she said.
The latest reporting period spanned three days and included: 647 cases between Friday and Saturday, 726 cases between Saturday and Sunday, and 647 cases between Sunday and Monday.
The province has 9,380 active cases. A total of 349 people are in hospital, with 77 people in intensive care.
The death toll stands at 527...
