• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

B.C., Canada- Enterovirus D68 cases - edit

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/...e-in-one-week-b-c-centre-for-disease-control/

October 31, 2014 Updated : October 31, 2014 | 4:24 pm
Enterovirus D68 cases double in one week: B.C. Centre for Disease Control
By Thandi Fletcher Metro

The number of confirmed enterovirus D68 cases in the province has more than doubled in the past week, according to new figures from the B.C. Centre for Disease Control.

As of Oct. 30, the B.C. provincial laboratory has confirmed 119 cases of enterovirus D68, compared to 56 confirmed cases a week ago, the health agency reported in its weekly provincial flu surveillance bulletin.

The increase in confirmed cases comes in the wake of the death two weeks ago of a Lower Mainland man in his early 20s who contracted the illness...

...The cases come from all health authorities in the province, and the majority of cases ? 58 per cent ? are male, the reasons for which are unclear.

Another three patients with confirmed enterovirus D68 have also developed symptoms of paralysis, but doctors aren?t sure to what extent the virus is responsible for the symptoms...
 
Re: B.C., Canada- Enterovirus D68 cases

Re: B.C., Canada- Enterovirus D68 cases

Source: http://www.vancouversun.com/health/Number+enterovirus+cases/10362302/story.html

Number of enterovirus cases up in B.C.
By Tiffany Crawford, Vancouver Sun November 7, 2014

The BC Centre for Disease Control says the number of confirmed cases of enterovirus-D68 rose to 150 from 119 last week, according to an update posted on the centre's website late Thursday.

On average, between 25 and 30 cases of EV-D68 have been reported each week since the beginning of October, the update said.

The centre's spokeswoman Dr. Danuta Skowronski has said previously that the numbers reflect severe cases where patients have been hospitalized, because most cases go unreported. She said last week that she expected the number of cases to peak soon...
 
Re: B.C., Canada- Enterovirus D68 cases

Re: B.C., Canada- Enterovirus D68 cases

Source: http://metronews.ca/news/vancouver/...rus-d68-cases-b-c-centre-for-disease-control/

Updated : November 25, 2014 | 8:45 pm
‘Over the worst’ of enterovirus D68 cases: B.C. Centre for Disease Control
By Thandi Fletcher Metro

Cases of enterovirus D68 in B.C. appear to be on the decline, but the threat of the respiratory illness responsible for two deaths and symptoms of paralysis in four patients is not over yet, according to the B.C. Centre for Disease Control...

***********
Source: http://vancouver.24hrs.ca/2014/11/24/enterovirus-remains-a-threat-as-flu-season-surges


Enterovirus remains a threat as flu season surges
By Jane Deacon
Monday, November 24, 2014 4:16:16 PST PM

We’re seeing a declining trend, which is really hopeful, but we’re not yet calling it over. — Dr. Danuta Skowronski, B.C. Centre for Disease Control

The threat of a respiratory virus that’s caused two deaths and symptoms of paralysis isn’t over yet, says a provincial health official.

“We’re not willing to call it completely over, and in fact, it may never be,” said Dr. Danuta Skowronski of the B.C. Centre for Disease Control...

...Most common among children and those with respiratory issues, the virus typically presents in cold-like symptoms but can be significantly more severe. Roughly 130 of the 200 confirmed B.C. cases have been hospitalized...
 
Source: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/enterovirus-d68-linked-to-3rd-b-c-death-1.2889020


Enterovirus D68 linked to 3rd B.C. death
However, B.C. Centre for Disease Control says virus has peaked and influenza now bigger threat

CBC News Posted: Jan 03, 2015 11:27 AM PT Last Updated: Jan 03, 2015 1:34 PM PT

The B.C. Centre for Disease Control has confirmed that a child under the age of five is the third person to have died in B.C. from Enterovirus D68.

The child died in November, but the death was only reported last week when the centre received test results, Dr Danuta Skowronski with the BCCDC said Saturday...
 
Back
Top