Source:
https://www.ntdtv.com/gb/2020/01/17/a102754951.html
No epidemic in other parts of China? Experts explode: authorities do not require testing
Beijing time: 2020-01-18 12:44
[NTD Beijing, January 17, 2020] Wuhan's "new coronavirus" epidemic has spread to a number of countries around China, and within China, no other cases have been reported. It is seriously suspected that the Chinese Communist Party once again concealed the epidemic. A professor at Peking University told foreign media that the authorities did not require other regions to take relevant quarantine measures at all.
In recent days, a number of suspected "new coronavirus" infections in Wuhan have been found in many countries around China, many of which have been diagnosed. However, in China, all reported confirmed cases come from Wuhan, and the number of patients in Wuhan has not increased for a week.
Wang Yuedan, deputy director of the Department of Immunology at Peking University who has worked on SARS, told the BBC that the main reason for the absence of outbreak reports in other parts of China is likely that the Chinese authorities did not require the virus to be tested.
Wang Yuedan said, "Whether you go to Hong Kong or abroad, there will be quarantine requirements when you leave the country, especially if you are from Wuhan. But no matter whether it is a hospital or other places in China, you have not received a request to pay attention to fever patients from Wuhan. No coronavirus will be detected. "
The Peking University professor only described what the general medical staff could see. However, the outside world suspects that the truth behind the scenes may not be because the Chinese Communist Party has rigorously ordered all regions to conceal the epidemic situation and repeat the mistakes of the 2003 SARS outbreak.
A few days ago, there was a fever in the Shenzhen medical and nursing community. An Indian lady with "severe pneumonia" symptoms appeared in Nanshan People's Hospital. However, the hospital immediately declared that the patient "has been ruled out of SARS and the new coronavirus", but acknowledged that "the pathogen is unknown" and that the patient was not out of danger.
In Wuhan, after authorities were forced to acknowledge the outbreak at the end of last month, the number of reported infections continued to rise, from 27 to 59. But since last Saturday, the number of infected people has been fixed at 41 people. The official media also announced that no new cases were found after January 3.
However, according to local residents in Wuhan, some hospitals are crowded with "unknown pneumonia" patients, and local medical resources are seriously inadequate. Except for individual patients who were sent to Jinyintan Hospital, many patients were required to "go home for isolation" by themselves. Moreover, in order not to increase the number of cases of "new coronavirus" infections, hospitals are required to generally not diagnose patients.
At the end of December, the medical and health care industry in Wuhan first reported multiple SARS cases in the South China seafood market. Officials were forced to acknowledge the epidemic, but insisted it was "unknown pneumonia" and denied SARS. A few days later, the official announcement was that the outbreak came from a "new coronavirus." But Hong Kong experts point out that the so-called "new coronavirus" has nearly 80% of the same genes as SARS virus. German experts even more bluntly stated that this is "a SARS virus".
One of the main reasons for the SARS outbreak in 2003 was the CCP ’s efforts to conceal the epidemic, resulting in insufficient attention all over the world. After the suspected SARS outbreak in Wuhan, many neighboring countries and Hong Kong and Taiwan areas learned lessons and quickly adopted quarantine measures. However, because there are no outbreak reports in other parts of China, the quarantine objects in these countries or regions can only be targeted at people from Wuhan, China.
(Reporter Zhong Gusheng / Responsible editor: Ming Xuan)