• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

Theresa42

Well-known member
Recap...

Google-translated from Arabic:

Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man
Feb 20, 2007

On February 17 of 2006, the first H5N1 infection human avian influenza in m since, the share of disappointing Ismail Mohammed from the village of Neu Bamhav Zah Al Qalyubia. And then moved between hospitals hopes for a full nine days e, did not discover she was diagnosed with the disease. Only a few hours before her death. On February 16 of 2007, died Nadia Mohamed, status Atsa Fayyoum, affected infected bird influenza, to be victim No. 13, which is receiving died Bal disease.

Between the death of >"disappointing"< [i.e. the first case] and the death of >Nadia<, she died 10 women and one man, affected by the same disease. Everyone died despite the fact that all official agencies confirm the availability p Qar >Altamiflo< which is the only treatment for the disease Erosion j now, in all hospitals. 13 died and fellow citizens in one year, nor did the hair of the government, contrary left some men to carry the responsibility of the victims Lofa charges. After each death leaves us one of the men the government Lik AIPAC that the victim had been injured since the disease, He refused announcement of his illness, He did not go to the hospital only after his condition has deteriorated a died.

Thus God neglect and disregard for the lives of the Egyptians, 13 Egyptians die, of the 22 infected, in the first year of his appearances in Egypt. The list of the deceased:

1 - Amal Mohamed Ismail - Al Qaliubia
2 - Fatma Mahmoud Youssef - Al Qaliubia
3 - Iman Mohammed Abdaljoad - Al Minufiyah
4 - Grace printed Abdel Gaffar - Al Minufiyah
5 - Grace Aziz Mohamed - Cairo
6 - Zeinab Mohamed Mahmoud - Al Minya
7 - Hanan Mohamed Aboulmagd said - Al Gharbiyah
8 - Answer saying Farid - Al Gharbiyah
9 - Victory Farid Abd - Al Gharbiyah
10 - Reza saying Farid - Al Gharbiyah
11 - Nora Club - Al Fayyum
12 - Nadia Mohamed Abdalhafez - Al Fayyum
13 - The 13th also died due to illness

http://www.alwafd.org/v2/News/NewsD...st&PHPSESSID=4d691751cd3ffd071625e98e068f88a6

http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16882
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

Thanks Theresa42, I believe this is the first list that has the names of all the deceased individuals in Egypt. My list doesn't quite match up.

The 11th WHO confirmed death was Warda Eidh Ahmed from Beni Sweif Governorate. http://www.who.int/csr/don/2007_01_22a/en/index.html

12. Nouri Nadi, Al Fayyoum Governorate
13. Nadia Mohamed Abdel-Hafez, Mena Hait Village, Al Fayyoum Governorate
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

Thanks Theresa42, I believe this is the first list that has the names of all the deceased individuals in Egypt. My list doesn't quite match up.

The 11th WHO confirmed death was Warda Eidh Ahmed from Beni Sweif Governorate. http://www.who.int/csr/don/2007_01_22a/en/index.html

12. Nouri Nadi, Al Fayyoum Governorate
13. Nadia Mohamed Abdel-Hafez, Mena Hait Village, Al Fayyoum Governorate
Yeah -- I thought the list looked kinda "off" and I couldn't figure out what it was -- and I didn't have time when I posted to check all the names.

I think the journalists at "Al Wafd" missed Warda Eidh Ahmed -- their #13 was a bit vague.... Maybe they didn't get a chance to check all the names before going to press (they should've checked FTs! ;) ).

Thanks, Al! :)
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

Just did another (i.e. not Google) machine-translation of the names -- this machine-translator oftentimes produces somewhat better translations than Google's since it is an Egyptian machine-translator:

1 - Amal Mohamed Ismail - Al Qaliubia -- aka Ismail Mohamed's hopes
2 - Fatma Mahmoud Youssef - Al Qaliubia -- same
3 - Iman Mohammed Abdaljoad - Al Minufiyah -- aka Iman Mohamed Abdul Gawaad
4 - Grace printed Abdel Gaffar - Al Minufiyah -- aka Mndouh Abdul Ghaffar's permission
5 - Grace Aziz Mohamed - Cairo -- aka Aziz Mohamed's permission
6 - Zeinab Mohamed Mahmoud - Al Minya -- aka Zeinab Mahmoud Mohamed
7 - Hanan Mohamed Aboulmagd said - Al Gharbiyah -- Hanan Abul Magd Mohamed
8 - Answer saying Farid - Al Gharbiyah -- aka A curative is Abdul Halim Farid
9 - Victory Farid Abd - Al Gharbiyah -- aka Farid Abdul Halim's victory
10 - Reza saying Farid - Al Gharbiyah -- aka Reda Abdul Halim Farid
11 - Nora Club - Al Fayyum -- aka Nouri Nadi
12 - Nadia Mohamed Abdalhafez - Al Fayyum -- aka Nadia Mohamed Abdul Hafez
13 - The 13th also died due to illness
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15353

last post from LILI 61 : ( french section ) : PC translation.

February 18, 2007, so only 22 cases had been confirmed, 2 365 people had, since the beginning of epizooty in this country, profited from a treatment by oseltamivir.
"They were suspect cases (1991 in 2006, 207 in January 2007 and 147 in February) at which, for lack of means, a test serologic was carried out less than one once out of three, but which were treated while following the recommendations of WHO", explains Pr Khattab. For the experts French infectiologists, "this type of use of antiviral can create a pressure of selection and contribute to the emergence of resistances to the currently available drugs. Under these conditions, it is imperative to place at the disposal of the local hospitals diagnostic tests fast which could make it possible to locally make a first sorting of the suspect cases ".


so I think that France will help to developp the use of tests. It's very important.
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

Anne said:
so I think that France will help to developp the use of tests. It's very important.
Yes, indeed! Excellent! :applause:

Thanks, Anne! :)
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

"..so I think that France will help to developp the use of tests. It's very important..."

Thank you France.

<!-- / message -->:tiphat:
<!-- controls -->
progress.gif
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

To summarize the translation --

1991 individuals were suspected with bird flu last year (2006), and 354 individuals so far this year (2007). All these individuals were treated with oseltamivir (Tamiflu). Of these 2345 individuals only about a third ("one once out of three") were actually tested for H5N1. Of the approximately 780 individuals tested, 22 (2.8%) were positive for H5N1. 13 of the 22 died, and only one of the last 9 confirmed cases since May 1, 2006, has survived. (http://www.flutrackers.com/forum/showpost.php?p=67674&postcount=14).

That also means that over 1500 individuals with flu-like symptoms were give a course of Tamiflu, but were never tested for H5N1. Assuming a similar infection rate of 2.8% for these non-tested individuals, it is possible that up to 40+ individuals could have been infected with H5N1, and Tamiflu successfully treated these infections. It would be interesting to know how many unusual deaths occurs in this non-tested population. It would also be interesting to know if any additional antibody testing is being done on any of the individuals who had flu-like symptoms and received a full treatment of Tamiflu.
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

so it s what I was thinking.. but have not the good words to say it.
thank you..:)
 
Re: EGYPT - "Victims of the first year: 12 women, 1 man"

so it s what I was thinking.. but have not the good words to say it.
thank you..:)

Your welcome.

To extrapolate the numbers a little further. Assume that there are 40+ individuals in the non-tested group with H5N1 and they all survived. Added to the 22 confirmed cases (13 dead), it would provide a CFR of about 20%, well below the 60% for the confirmed cases. It all depends on whether or not there have been human cases who have had H5N1, received Tamiflu, recovered, but were never tested.
</IMG>
 
Back
Top