Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pterodontic acid isolated from Laggera pterodonta suppressed RIG-I/NF-KB/STAT1/Type I interferon and programmed death-ligand 1/2 activation induced by influenza A virus in vitro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pterodontic acid isolated from Laggera pterodonta suppressed RIG-I/NF-KB/STAT1/Type I interferon and programmed death-ligand 1/2 activation induced by influenza A virus in vitro

Inflammopharmacology. 2019 Feb 19. doi: 10.1007/s10787-019-00571-y. [Epub ahead of print]
    Pterodontic acid isolated from Laggera pterodonta suppressed RIG-I/NF-KB/STAT1/Type I interferon and programmed death-ligand 1/2 activation induced by influenza A virus in vitro.

Wang Y1, Zeng Z1, Chen Q1, Yan W2, Chen Y2, Xia X1, Song W3, Wang X4,5.
    Author information

Abstract

Influenza viruses can bring about acute respiratory diseases and are a potential hazard to human health. Antiviral drugs are the main ways to control the influenza virus infection except the vaccine. In this study, the immune regulation activity of pterodontic acid isolated from Laggera pterodonta induced by influenza A virus in vitro was evaluated. In studies on anti-influenza activity, our results showed that it maybe target the influenza protein of polymerase basic 1 (PB1), polymerase basic 2 (PB2), polymerase acid (PA), nuclear protein (NP), non-structural protein (NS), and matrix protein (M) but not hemagglutinin (HA) and neuraminidase (NA). In studies on immune regulation, our results demonstrated that pterodontic acid can inhibit the Retinoic acid inducible gene-I (RIG-I) expression in mRNA and protein level at 100 μg/ml, then further to clarify its action on the signalling pathway, The results indicated that pterodontic acid can inhibit the Tumor Necrosis Factor-related Apoptosis-inducing Ligand/Fas Ligand (TRAIL/Fasl) expression in mRNA level at 100 μg/ml; the cleaved caspase 3/7, p-NF-KB, and p-ERK were all suppressed in protein level by pterodontic acid at 100 μg/ml. This confirmed its mechanism that restrained the nuclear export of viral RNPs. The interferon system was also affected, the STAT1, IFN-α, IFN-β expression were also inhibited by pterodontic acid at 25-100 μg/ml and also, the important programmed death-ligand of PD-L1 and PD-L2 was inhibited at 50-100 μg/ml. The mechanisms of pterodontic acid against influenza virus infection may be a cascade inhibition and it has the anti-inflammatory activity, which has no side effect, and can be as a supplement drug in clinical influenza virus infection.

KEYWORDS:

Immunomodulation; Influenza virus; Pterodontic acid

PMID: 30783895 DOI: 10.1007/s10787-019-00571-y
Working...
X