Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case report: Acute Hemorrhagic Leukoencephalopathy in a patient with influenza A and B coinfection succesfully treated with oseltamivir and corticosteroid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case report: Acute Hemorrhagic Leukoencephalopathy in a patient with influenza A and B coinfection succesfully treated with oseltamivir and corticosteroid

Acute Hemorrhagic Leukoencephalopathy in a Patient with Influenza A and B Coinfection.

Park DY, Yoon DY, Kwon JS, Jhang Y.

Department of Neurology, Myongji Hospital, Seonam University College of Medicine, Goyang, Korea. yunsookjhang@naver.com

Abstract
    Acute hemorrhagic leukoencephalopathy is a rare condition associated with the influenza virus, but the role of influenza in this condition has not been clarified. We experienced a patient with influenza A and B virus co-infection who initially presented mild gastrointestinal symptoms and rapidly progressed to coma. Magnetic resonance imaging showed severe brain edema and multiple intracranial hemorrhagic lesions. The patient was treated with oseltamivir and corticosteroid, and her clinical course improved without neurological sequelae.
    http://www.koreamed.org/SearchBasic.....33.3.221&DT=1
    Pets & COVID-19 coronavirus

“‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
    Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
Working...
X