Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vaccines (Basel) . Acceptability of COVID-19 Vaccination among Greek Health Professionals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccines (Basel) . Acceptability of COVID-19 Vaccination among Greek Health Professionals

Vaccines (Basel)

. 2021 Feb 28;9(3):200.
    doi: 10.3390/vaccines9030200.
    Acceptability of COVID-19 Vaccination among Greek Health Professionals

Dimitrios Papagiannis 1 , George Rachiotis 2 , Foteini Malli 3 , Ioanna V Papathanasiou 4 , Ourania Kotsiou 5 , Evangelos C Fradelos 5 , Konstantinos Giannakopoulos 6 , Konstantinos I Gourgoulianis 7

AffiliationsFree article

Abstract

Health Care Workers are at the front line of the fight against Covid-19. The aim of this study was to evaluate the acceptability of vaccination against COVID-19 among health professionals (physicians, dentists, pharmacists) two weeks prior to the start of the Greek vaccination campaign against COVID-19. A cross-sectional online survey was conducted over the period 15-22 December 2020 in 340 health professionals in Central Greece. We found a high level of acceptance for COVID-19 vaccine (78.5%) and a high vaccination coverage for the influenza vaccine (74%). Age > 45 years (OR = 2.01; 95% C.I. = 2.01-4.3), absence of fear over vaccine safety (OR = 4.09; 95% C.I. = 1.36-12.3), and information received from the Greek public health authorities (OR = 11.14; 95% C.I. = 5.48-22.6), were factors independently associated with the likelihood of COVID-19 vaccination acceptance. Our study indicates a high level of the COVID-19 vaccination acceptance among physicians, dentists and pharmacists. Nevertheless, several interventions can be implemented to increase acceptance of vaccine among health-care workers (HCWs) and could be especially directed at younger and vaccine-hesitant health care workers due to fear of vaccine side-effects. Last, our results provide some evidence that receiving vaccine-related information from the Greek Center for Diseases Control (E.O.D.Y.) could reduce the drivers of hesitancy and enhance the acceptability of COVID-19 vaccination.

Keywords: Covid-19; acceptability; health care workers; vaccination.

Working...
X