Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19 gone bad: A new character in the spectrum of the hyperferritinemic syndrome?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COVID-19 gone bad: A new character in the spectrum of the hyperferritinemic syndrome?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...6899722030135X
    COVID-19 gone bad: A new character in the spectrum of the hyperferritinemic syndrome?
    Author: Serena Colafrancesco,Cristiano Alessandri,Fabrizio Conti,Roberta Priori
    Publication: Autoimmunity Reviews
    Publisher:Elsevier
    Date:July 2020
    Something interesting and hopeful:
    Due to the capacity of iron chelation to taper the inflammatory response through a reduction of ROS production and to promote an anti-viral activity, the utility of this therapeutic approach in patients with SARS-CoV-2 infection has been recently addressed [24]. A clinical trial on the use of Desferal (Deferoxamine, a medication able to bind iron in case of “iron overdose”) is currently ongoing in IRAN in patients with mild to severe COVID-19 infection (NCT04333550).

Ask Congress to Investigate COVID Origins and Government Response to Pandemic H.R. 834

i love myself. the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever. ---- nayyirah waheed

(My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
    Never forget Excalibur.
Working...
X