Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Immun Inflamm Dis . Association of HLA class I and II genes with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in Koreans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Immun Inflamm Dis . Association of HLA class I and II genes with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in Koreans

Immun Inflamm Dis

. 2021 Oct 12.
    doi: 10.1002/iid3.541. Online ahead of print.
    Association of HLA class I and II genes with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus infection in Koreans

In-Cheol Baek 1 , Eun-Jeong Choi 1 , Dong-Hwan Shin 1 , Hyoung-Jae Kim 1 , Haeyoun Choi 2 , Hyoung-Shik Shin 3 , Dong-Gyun Lim 4 , Tai-Gyu Kim 1 2

Affiliations

Abstract

Introduction: Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) caused by MERS-coronavirus (CoV) is a lower respiratory tract disease characterized by a high mortality rate. MERS-CoV spread from Saudi Arabia to other countries, including South Korea. Dysfunction of the human leukocyte antigen (HLA) system has many effects due to genetic complexity and its role in the adaptive immune response. We investigated the association of HLA class I and II alleles with MERS-CoV in 32 patients with MERS.
    Methods: HLA-A, -B, -C, -DRB1, -DQB1, and -DPB1 were genotyped by polymerase chain reaction sequence-based typing.
    Results: HLA-DQB1*03:02 are significantly associated with moderate/mild cases of MERS-CoV. Other alleles are no statistical significance.
    Conclusions: Treatment strategies based on current research on the HLA gene and MERS-CoV will provide potential therapeutic targets.

Keywords: HLA; MERS; MERS-CoV; Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus.

Working...
X