Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cross-reactive immunity with H1N1 in 1976 Ft. Dix infections?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Cross-reactive immunity with H1N1 in 1976 Ft. Dix infections?

Other sources mention H9N2 vaccines. I'll look them up when I have more time. But yes, the "real thing" sure works better.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Re: Cross-reactive immunity with H1N1 in 1976 Ft. Dix infections?

Originally posted by gsgs
      .......It seems to work with natural infection and that's how it is explained why a pandemic almost wipes out the previous strains.

See e.g. the Ferguson,Bush paper
      http://cmbi.bjmu.edu.cn/news/report/2005/flu/106.pdf
      Very interesting paper. I need to reread it a few more times, but they did say new strains should wipe out the old. So it's goodbye H3N2 & H1N1 if we have a H5N1 pandemic......except for fowl-pig farmers with a little H5 immunity!

I'm always a little uncomfortable with conclusions based on models, but since so much influenza character is "unknown", I'll settle for every bit of help.

Thanks for the source.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Working...
      X