No announcement yet.

Mutations in human genes that increase the risk for severe influenza infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutations in human genes that increase the risk for severe influenza infection

http://www.mir-journal.org/issues/2/1/
    Microbiology Independent Research Journal
    Volume 2, Number 1, 2015
    Mutations in human genes that increase the risk for severe influenza infection

O. I. Kiselev1 , A. B. Komissarov1 , O.S.Konshina1# , M.N.Dmitrieva1 , E.G.Deyeva1 , T.V.Sologub1 , V.I.Pokrovskiy2
    Author Affiliations

1 Research Institute of Influenza, Saint Petersburg, Russian Federation
    2 Central Research Institute of Epidemiology, Moscow, Russian Federation
    # Corresponding author: Olga Konshina, 197376, St. Petersburg, Prof. Popova str., 15/17, E-mail: olga_konshina@influenza.spb.ru

Abstract

Back to the top

The system of genetic control of innate immune responses to influenza infection and gene function allows for the development of systemic treatment of influenza with a focus on the phenotype of mutations based on individual genetic susceptibility to severe disease and/or the development of complications.
    Full text is at the link. If I'm reading this right, Japan and China are much more vulnerable to severe influenza than northern Europe and England.
    “‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed

Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)
Working...
X