Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Effects of oseltamivir phosphate (Tamiflu) in human sera on results of microneutralization and hemagglutinin-inhibition tests for H5N2 avian influenza virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emily
    replied
    Originally posted by AnnaLisa View Post
    Thank you Emily. Looks like they will have to use PCR testing on humans.
    Glad you saw this, AnnaLisa! I forget to post this on the other thread. (I linked it just now, and added another interesting study - antibody testing looks difficult in these cases, so I hope they are doing PCR, too, especially on humans with symptoms.)

Leave a comment:

• AnnaLisa
    replied
    Thank you Emily. Looks like they will have to use PCR testing on humans.

Leave a comment:

• Effects of oseltamivir phosphate (Tamiflu) in human sera on results of microneutralization and hemagglutinin-inhibition tests for H5N2 avian influenza virus

Arch Virol. 2008;153(5):945-9. doi: 10.1007/s00705-008-0038-5. Epub 2008 Jan 29.
    Effects of oseltamivir phosphate (Tamiflu) in human sera on results of microneutralization and hemagglutinin-inhibition tests for H5N2 avian influenza virus.

Yamazaki Y1, Doy M, Yamato S, Kawada Y, Ogata T.
    Author information

Abstract

To determine the influence of oseltamivir phosphate (Tamiflu) on the results of microneutralization and hemagglutinin-inhibition (HI) tests in human sera with H5N2 influenza virus, ten volunteers were administered Tamiflu and blood samples were collected. In the microneutralization test, no consistent effects were observed. However, in the HI test, specimens from all volunteers taken at 4 and 7 h after drug administration showed a higher titer as compared to 0 and 24 h after administration when mammalian cells (horse, guinea pig, and human) were used. These results suggest that the administration of Tamiflu may affect the results of HI tests for H5N2 virus.

PMID: 18227965 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]
Working...
X