Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 Nature paper: Transmission of Ebola virus from pigs to non-human primates - respiratory transmission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Nature paper: Transmission of Ebola virus from pigs to non-human primates - respiratory transmission?

Has this paper been discussed here at any length?
    Demonstrates pig to primate EBOV transfer via respiratory shedding and transmission.

Transmission of Ebola virus from pigs to non-human primates

Hana M. Weingartl, et al, Nature, Scientific Reports 2, Article number: 811doi:10.1038/srep00811

Doc link http://www.nature.com/srep/2012/1211...srep00811.html

MUCH more at the link above

My Pull quote:
    "segmental attenuation and loss of bronchiolar epithelium and the presence of Ebola virus antigen in some of the respiratory epithelial cells in the lungs of all macaques suggest that the airways were one of the routes involved in the acquisition of infection, consistent with previous reports. Other routes of inoculation generally did not lead to lesions in the respiratory tract comparable to those observed in this study"

**Sorry my tablet borked the title w mispelling but i cant seem to change it **
    Nika

Re: 2012 Nature paper pig-primate (resp?) transmition

Ebola Reston is interesting - people don't get sick from it. But the big question is: Where did it come from? Africa or a Phillipine source?

Or maybe we should asking why it doesn't attack people with virulence.

"The next major advancement in the health of American people will be determined by what the individual is willing to do for himself"-- John Knowles, Former President of the Rockefeller Foundation

Comment

Re: 2012 Nature paper: pig-primate (resp?) transmission

Indeed.. I need to look at citations downstream of this paper to see if they characterized that
      Nika

Comment

Working...
      X