Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Direct Comparison of Alere? i and cobas? Liat Influenza A and B Tests for Rapid Detection of Influenza Virus Infection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direct Comparison of Alere? i and cobas? Liat Influenza A and B Tests for Rapid Detection of Influenza Virus Infection

J Clin Microbiol. 2016 Aug 31. pii: JCM.01586-16. [Epub ahead of print]
    Direct Comparison of Alere? i and cobas? Liat Influenza A and B Tests for Rapid Detection of Influenza Virus Infection.

Nolte FS1, Gauld L2, Barrett SB2.
    Author information

Abstract

We compared two rapid, point-of care, nucleic acid amplification tests for detection of influenza A and B viruses (Alere? i, Alere and COBAS: ? Liat, Roche Diagnostics) with the influenza A and B virus test components of FilmArray? respiratory panel (BioFire Diagnostics) using 129 respiratory specimens collected in universal viral transport medium (80 influenza A and 16 influenza B virus positive) from both adult and pediatric patients. The sensitivities of the Alere test were 71.3% for influenza A and 93.3% for influenza B virus with specificities of 100% for both viruses. The sensitivities and specificities of the Liat test were 100% for both influenza A and B virus. The poor sensitivity of the Alere test for detection influenza A virus was likely due to a study set that included many low positive samples that were below its limit of detection.
    Copyright ? 2016, American Society for Microbiology. All Rights Reserved.

PMID: 27582513 DOI: 10.1128/JCM.01586-16
    [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
Working...
X