Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Generalized Platform for Antibody Detection using the Antibody Catalyzed Water Oxidation Pathway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Generalized Platform for Antibody Detection using the Antibody Catalyzed Water Oxidation Pathway

J Am Chem Soc. 2014 Jan 13. [Epub ahead of print]
    A Generalized Platform for Antibody Detection using the Antibody Catalyzed Water Oxidation Pathway.
    Welch ME, Ritzert NL, Chen H, Smith NL, Tague ME, Xu Y, Baird BA, Abru?a HD, Ober CK.
    Abstract

Infectious diseases, such as influenza, present a prominent global problem including the constant threat of pandemics that initiate in avian or other species and then pass to humans. We report a new sensor that can be specifically functionalized to detect antibodies associated with a wide range of infectious diseases in multiple species. This biosensor is based on electrochemical detection of hydrogen peroxide generated through the intrinsic catalytic activity of all antibodies: the antibody catalyzed water oxidation pathway (ACWOP). Our platform includes a polymer brush-modified surface where specific antibodies bind to conjugated haptens with high affinity and specificity. Hydrogen peroxide provides an electrochemical signal that is mediated by Resorufin/Amplex Red. We characterize the biosensor platform, using model anti-DNP antibodies, with the ultimate goal of designing a versatile device that is inexpensive, portable, reliable, and fast. We demonstrate detection of antibodies at concentrations that fall well within clinically relevant levels.

PMID:
    [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]

Infectious diseases, such as influenza, present a prominent global problem including the constant threat of pandemics that initiate in avian or other species and then pass to humans. We report a new sensor that can be specifically functionalized to detect antibodies associated with a wide range of i …
Working...
X