Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J Gen Virol. Pathogenesis and transmission of the novel swine origin influenza virus A/H1N1 after experimental infection of pigs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J Gen Virol. Pathogenesis and transmission of the novel swine origin influenza virus A/H1N1 after experimental infection of pigs.

J Gen Virol. 2009 Jul 10. [Epub ahead of print]

Pathogenesis and transmission of the novel swine origin influenza virus A/H1N1 after experimental infection of pigs.

Lange E, Kalthoff D, Blohm U, Teifke JP, Breithaupt A, Maresch C, Starick E, Fereidouni S, Hoffmann B, Mettenleiter TC, Beer M, Vahlenkamp TW. Friedrich-Loeffler-Institut.

Influenza virus A/H1N1n currently causing a pandemic contains gene segments with ancestors in North American and Eurasian swine lineages. To get insights into virus replication dynamics, clinical symptoms and virus transmission in pigs we infected animals intranasally with influenza virus A/Regensburg/D6/09/H1N1. The inoculated pigs started virus excretion in nasal swabs at 1 day p.i. onwards and developed generally mild symptoms including fever, sneezing, nasal discharge, and diarrhea. Contact pigs became infected, shed virus and developed clinical symptoms similarly to the inoculated animals. Plasma samples of all animals remained negative for viral RNA. NP- and H1-specific antibodies could be detected by ELISA 7 days p.i. CD4+ T-cells became activated immediately after infection and both CD4+ and CD8+ T-cell populations expanded 3 to 7 days p.i. coinciding with clinical signs. Contact chicken remained uninfected as judged by the absence of virus excretion, clinical signs and seroconversion.

PMID: 19592456 [PubMed - as supplied by publisher]
    -
    ------

Re: J Gen Virol. Pathogenesis and transmission of the novel swine origin influenza virus A/H1N1 after experimental infection of pigs.

this is the Cancun2-("Newberry","Airplane")virus
    (SC,Paris,England,Sichuan,Norway)
    I'm interested in expert panflu damage estimates
    my current links: http://bit.ly/hFI7H ILI-charts: http://bit.ly/CcRgT

Comment

Working...
    X