Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nat Commun . Development of A4 Antibody for Detection of Neuraminidase I223R/H275Y-associated Antiviral Multidrug-Resistant Influenza Virus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nat Commun . Development of A4 Antibody for Detection of Neuraminidase I223R/H275Y-associated Antiviral Multidrug-Resistant Influenza Virus

Nat Commun

. 2020 Jul 9;11(1):3418.
    doi: 10.1038/s41467-020-17246-w.
    Development of A4 Antibody for Detection of Neuraminidase I223R/H275Y-associated Antiviral Multidrug-Resistant Influenza Virus

Kyeonghye Guk 1 2 , Hyeran Kim 1 , Miyeon Lee 3 , Yoon-Aa Choi 4 , Seul Gee Hwang 1 2 , Gaon Han 1 2 , Hye-Nan Kim 1 , Hongki Kim 1 , Hwangseo Park 5 , Dongeun Yong 6 , Taejoon Kang 7 , Eun-Kyung Lim 8 9 , Juyeon Jung 10 11

Affiliations

Abstract

The emergence and spread of antiviral drug-resistant viruses have been a worldwide challenge and a great concern for patient care. We report A4 antibody specifically recognizing and binding to the mutant I223R/H275Y neuraminidase and prove the applicability of A4 antibody for direct detection of antiviral multidrug-resistant viruses in various sensing platforms, including naked-eye detection, surface-enhanced Raman scattering-based immunoassay, and lateral flow system. The development of the A4 antibody enables fast, simple, and reliable point-of-care assays of antiviral multidrug-resistant influenza viruses. In addition to current influenza virus infection testing methods that do not provide information on the antiviral drug-resistance of the virus, diagnostic tests for antiviral multidrug-resistant viruses will improve clinical judgment in the treatment of influenza virus infections, avoid the unnecessary prescription of ineffective drugs, and improve current therapies.

Working...
X