Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A rapid pyrosequencing assay for the molecular detection of influenza viruses with reduced baloxavir susceptibility due to PA/I38X amino acid substitutions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rapid pyrosequencing assay for the molecular detection of influenza viruses with reduced baloxavir susceptibility due to PA/I38X amino acid substitutions

Influenza Other Respir Viruses. 2020 Feb 11. doi: 10.1111/irv.12725. [Epub ahead of print] A rapid pyrosequencing assay for the molecular detection of influenza viruses with reduced baloxavir susceptibility due to PA/I38X amino acid substitutions.

Koszalka P1,2, Farrukee R1,3, Mifsud E1,3, Vijaykrishna D1,2, Hurt AC1,3.
    Author information

Abstract

Baloxavir marboxil is a novel endonuclease inhibitor licensed for treatment of otherwise healthy or high-risk individuals infected with influenza. Viruses with reduced baloxavir susceptibility due to amino acid substitutions at residue 38 of the PA have been detected in some individuals following treatment. Here, we describe a genotypic pyrosequencing method that can be used to rapidly screen circulating influenza A and B viruses for substitutions in the PA/I38 codon and to quantify mixed viral populations. This method is suitable for surveillance of baloxavir susceptibility and to analyse samples from hospitalised patients undergoing baloxavir treatment to aid in clinical decision making.
    ? 2020 The Authors. Influenza and Other Respiratory Viruses Published by John Wiley & Sons Ltd.

KEYWORDS:

I38T; antiviral resistance; baloxavir marboxil; influenza viruses; pyrosequencing

PMID: 32045100 DOI: 10.1111/irv.12725
    Free full text

Working...
X