Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We were hacked today. Our management did not send out any request for donations via a digital currency. - March 4, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We were hacked today. Our management did not send out any request for donations via a digital currency. - March 4, 2021

Today we were hacked in a futile attempt to grab money:

1) We have repeatedly said that we are not accepting donations in this pandemic. We have turned down all donation offers to avoid conflicts of interest.
    2) If we had a special request for $ we would not use a digital currency. We do not have any digital currency accounts.
    3) We have never sent out a mass emailing requesting $ in 15 years.
    4) We do not have any member's financial data. We do not collect any money for anything on the site.
    5) Many of our members post anonymously. The only things a hacker will get is an email address (usually an anonymous gmail account.) and an ip (many of those are vpn.)

----------------------------------

What happened is that a hacker got a compromised email of an administrator (not me) and then ordered a new password from FluTrackers for their account here. IP #185.220.101.207 logged into our admin panel and added a notice at the top of the site asking for a donation to a digital currency. They used the email system to send out a mass email requesting a donation via a yolo email account. Then they made a copy of the site in an attempt to access any stored credit cards we might have. Sorry hackers - we do not have anyone's credit card information, or any financial data stored here.

As we said many years ago - nothing on the internet is private. We discourage use of our private message system for that reason.

Anyway....the donation request was at the top of the site for about an hour I think before I saw it and took it down. Hopefully people know us by now and did not donate a penny.

We will never ask for a donation via any digital currency.

Also - please protect your email accounts. Hackers are out there 24/7 trying to compromise everything they can. Please take a minute and change all of your passwords to your email accounts.

Sorry for the inconvenience. I guess it was only a matter of time.
    Thank you for participating! And if we ask for $ you will know in your heart by our language style that it is really us.
Working...
X