George Floyd's brother asks for non-violence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Floyd's brother asks for non-violence

George Floyd's brother asks for non-violence.

"My brother was about peace. You’ll hear a lot of people say he was a gentle giant."

https://goodmorningamerica.com/news/story/relax-george-floyds-brother-condemns-violent-protesters-70987476…

Honor George Floyd with Peace & Non-violence

https://www.etonline.com/mlks-daught...clusive-147603
    MLK's Daughter on the 'Pain' George Floyd's 6-Year-Old Is Feeling and What Must Change (Exclusive)

By Liz Calvario‍ 6:59 PM PDT, June 3, 2020
    Rev. Bernice King knows the pain George Floyd's 6-year-old daughter, Gianna, is feeling after her father's fatal arrest. ET's Kevin Frazier spoke with the youngest child of the late Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. about #OnlineProtest -- a seven-day virtual protest that will take place every day until June 8 -- as well as how she can relate to Gianna's "pain" following her father's death.

"I was 5 when my father was assassinated brutally. She's 6, so we [were] the same age, and immediately when this happened and I heard that he had a 6-year-old daughter, it took me back to when my father was brutally taken from us," King said, referencing her father's 1968 death. "I know the pain that comes from losing a daddy at such a young age, and the things that she's going to have to wrestle with, in particular the anger and having to guard [herself] against hating."
    https://www.kgun9.com/news/america-i...onal-interview
    Daughter of George Floyd: 'Daddy changed the world'
    By: Alex Hider

Posted at 5:57 AM, Jun 03, 2020

and last updated 7:06 AM, Jun 03, 2020

In a series of emotional interviews on Tuesday, George Floyd's daughter and her mother remembered Floyd as a "good man" and "super fun dad."
    Roxy Washington, the mother of Floyd's 6-year-old daughter Gianna, told reporters that she hopes the officers who arrested him face consequences for Floyd's death...
    May this be handled in a way that won't make it more difficult for this little girl and her mother to find peace.
    “‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
    Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

https://www.christianitytoday.com/ne...rd-church.html
      George Floyd Left a Gospel Legacy in Houston
      As a person of peace, “Big Floyd” opened up ministry opportunities in the Third Ward housing projects.

Kate Shellnutt
      May 28, 2020 6:00 PM

EspañolPortuguêsFrançais简体中文한국어Indonesian繁体中文
      The rest of the country knows George Floyd from several minutes of cell phone footage captured during his final hours. But in Houston’s Third Ward, they know Floyd for how he lived for decades—a mentor to a generation of young men and a “person of peace” ushering ministries into the area.

Before moving to Minneapolis for a job opportunity through a Christian work program, the 46-year-old spent almost his entire life in the historically black Third Ward, where he was called “Big Floyd” and regarded as an “OG,” a de-facto community leader and elder statesmen, his ministry partners say.

Floyd spoke of breaking the cycle of violence he saw among young people and used his influence to bring outside ministries to the area to do discipleship and outreach, particularly in the Cuney Homes housing project, locally known as “the Bricks.”

“George Floyd was a person of peace sent from the Lord that helped the gospel go forward in a place that I never lived in,” said Patrick PT Ngwolo, pastor of Resurrection Houston, which held services at Cuney.

“The platform for us to reach that neighborhood and the hundreds of people we reached through that time and up to now was built on the backs of people like Floyd,” he told Christianity Today...
      “‘i love myself.’ the quietest. simplest. most powerful. revolution ever.” ---- nayyirah waheed
      Avatar: Franz Marc, Liegender Hund im Schnee 1911 (My posts are not intended as advice or professional assessments of any kind.)

Comment

Working...
      X