X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vietnam: ​Six-year record heat increases encephalitis cases

Six-year record heat increases encephalitis cases
    By Hong Hai | dtinews.vn | May 28, 2015 12:30 PM

Health authorities warn of a sharp rise in encephalitis across the country due to the unseasonably hot summer, with temperatures at hit six-year highs in northern regions.

The Health Ministry reports 136 cases of viral encephalitis to date, with five deaths, and 24 cases of meningococcus, with two fatalities.
    Do Thien Ha, deputy head of infectious diseases at the National Paediatrics Hospital, said critical cases had been rising since the start summer.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Japanese encephalitis kills five children in Dak Lak

The number of children being admitted with Japanese encephalitis is rising in Dak Lak General Hospital. ? Photo baoxaydung.com.vn
    DAK LAK (VNS) ? Japanese encephalitis (JE) has claimed the lives of five children so far this year in the Central Highland province of Dak Lak, the provincial General Hospital said.

The hospital has received and treated 18 JE patients, it said.

In May alone, three children died of the infection.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X