Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wyoming Influenza 2017-18; 11 fatalities, including 1 child

With at least 3 flu-related deaths, Natrona County having 'tough year'
    Seth Klamann 307-266-0544, seth.klamann@trib.com Jan 5, 2018 Updated 20 hrs ago 0

At least three people have died from influenza-related conditions in Natrona County so far this flu season, an infectious disease expert said Friday.

Dr. Mark Dowell, who is also the county health officer, said he didn’t know the exact number because determining what is “flu-related” can be difficult. For instance, a deceased patient may have had the flu but died from another illness. But Dowell said the number is at least three.
    http://trib.com/news/state-and-regio...03942602d.html
    Last edited by JimO; February 9, 2018, 02:12 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Wyoming child?s death signals influenza seriousness

A recently reported flu-related death of a Fremont County child should serve as a sad reminder that influenza can be a serious disease and should not be overlooked as a threat, according to a Wyoming Department of Health (WDH) official.

Dr. Alexia Harrist, state health officer and state epidemiologist with WDH, said, ?We continue to see widespread influenza across the state with indications of high activity levels. We do not know if we have yet reached this season?s peak or for how much longer flu will spread in the state.?

?Unfortunately, the death of a Fremont County child has been reported to us this week. We know we have had likely at least 10 other deaths among adults in Wyoming this flu season,? Harrist said. An official count of flu-related deaths will not be available until after the season ends...

A recently reported flu-related death of a Fremont County child should serve as a sad reminder that influenza can be a serious disease and should not be overlooked as a threat, according to a Wyoming Department of Health
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Working...
    X