Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin Influenza 2017-18; 3 fatalities

Two Rivers man, woman die of flu-related causes
    Patti Zarling, USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin Published 4:39 p.m. CT Feb. 12, 2018 | Updated 5:48 p.m. CT Feb. 12, 2018

It's easy to confuse symptoms of a cold and the flu, but you'll want to know the difference because the flu can be much more serious. Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

MANITOWOC - Two residents of Two Rivers died from the flu over the weekend, the Manitowoc County Coroner's Office said Monday.

Coroner Curtis Green told USA TODAY NETWORK-Wisconsin a 56-year-old man and 48-year-old woman died from flu-related causes this weekend. He would not identify the man or woman but said they lived together.

Manitowoc County Health Department officials said about 10 to 20 people in the county die each year as a result of influenza.

Green said the man went to a hospital, but the woman did not.

The coroner?s office does not track flu-related deaths, but Green said his office is reviewing current causes of death to see if there have been any other adult deaths this flu season.
    The couple lived together, according to the coroner, and the Health Department said the county usually sees 10 to 20 flu-related deaths per year.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

One flu-related death confirmed in Sheboygan County with hospitalizations on the rise
    Marina Affo, USA Today-Wisconsin Published 2:01 p.m. CT Feb. 28, 2018 | Updated 2:37 p.m. CT Feb. 28, 2018

SHEBOYGAN - According to the Sheboygan County medical examiner, there has been one confirmed adult death in Sheboygan County where flu-like symptoms were present following the death of a 33-year-old Sheboygan woman earlier this month.

But this does not mean that is the total number of deaths. Families and hospitals are not required to report when someone over the age of 18 dies of the flu, so the Department of Health and Human Services does not keep record of such deaths.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X