Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Virginia Influenza 2017-18: 3 fatalities, including 2 children

West Virginia child dies from flu

OHIO COUNTY, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- A child has died in West Virginia because of the flu.

The Ohio County Department of Health tells WSAZ they received a report Monday morning from a Wheeling hospital of a pediatric flu death.

Officials say the child was from Ohio County.

According to health department officials, they have been more than 30 pediatric flu deaths across the country this flu season.

The health department recommends getting a flu shot and going to the hospital if you begin experiencing flu symptoms.
    The Ohio County Department of Health tells WSAZ they received a report Monday morning from a Wheeling hospital of a pediatric flu death.
    Last edited by JimO; January 24, 2018, 11:15 AM.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Hurricane woman dies from flu-related illness

HURRICANE, W.Va. - A nurse from Putnam County has died after complications developed from a case of the flu.

Stacy Sparks, 43, of Hurricane, West Virginia, died Sunday after the sudden onset of pneumonia after contracting a simple case of the flu, confirmed Nathan Stowers, her son.

Stowers spoke with the hope that others begin to see the flu for how severe it truly is, and to take as much caution as possible against it.

HURRICANE, W.Va. - A nurse from Putnam County has died after complications developed from a case of the flu.Stacy Sparks, 43, of Hurricane, West Virginia, died Sunday after the sudden
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

3-year-old girl dies after testing positive for flu at West Virginia Hospital
      Updated: Feb 08, 2018 09:02 AM EST

MARTINSBURG, WV (WDVM) - Berkeley Medical Center officials confirmed that a 3-year-old child died last week who tested positive for the flu.

According to spokeswoman Teresa McCabe, the girl tested positive for the flu, but she did not release the identity or official cause of death.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X