• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington (state) Influenza 2019-20; 86 fatalities, 6 pediatric

State Flu Page: https://www.doh.wa.gov/DataandStatis...rveillanceData

First Flu Death In Franklin County

POSTED BY: PATTI BANNER OCTOBER 31, 2019

A 90-year old Franklin County man has died of complications of influenza.

Dr. Amy Person, Health Officer for Benton and Franklin Health District said, “It’s a sober reminder that even though flu season is just getting started, now is the time to get immunized. Flu vaccine is available at pharmacies, doctors offices, and at the health district.”
    https://www.610kona.com/first-flu-de...anklin-county/
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; December 22, 2019, 07:06 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Pierce County man 2nd to die from flu in Washington this year
    by KOMO News Staff Wednesday, December 4th 2019

TACOMA, Wash. — A Pierce County man is the second person to die from the flu in Washington state this year, according to health officials.

He was in his 80s and had chronic health concerns that increased his complication risk. A man in his 90s from Franklin County in Eastern Washington was the first to die from the flu in November.
    TACOMA, Wash. — A Pierce County man is the second person to die from the flu in Washington state this year, according to health officials. He was in his 80s and had chronic health concerns that increased his complication risk. A man in his 90s from Franklin County in Eastern Washington was the first to die from the flu in November. Influenza can cause mild to severe illness, and may even lead to death.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Spokane sees high rates of an unusual flu strain this year
      UPDATED: Fri., Dec. 6, 2019
      Nogle said influenza A is typically seen in the winter time, but this year, Spokane’s trends are following national trends, with influence B outpacing influenza A. Influenza B is usually not seen until spring.
      Statewide, the Washington State Department of Health has reported three deaths from the flu, in Franklin, Pierce and Kittitas counties.
      Flu season is starting early this year, and Washington state already has high flu activity reported at a regional level, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention data show.

Comment

First child flu death reported in King County since 2009
        by KOMO News Staff and The Associated PressWednesday, December 18th 2019

KING COUNTY, Wash. -- An elementary school-aged child in King County has died from the flu, marking the first reported pediatric flu death in the county since 2009, according to Public Health - Seattle & King County.

Health officials say the child was previously healthy and died from flu complications on December 15 in a Pierce County hospital.
        KING COUNTY, Wash. -- An elementary school-aged child in King County has died from the flu, marking the first reported pediatric flu death in the county since 2009, according to Public Health - Seattle & King County. Health officials say the child was previously healthy and died from flu complications on December 15 in a Pierce County hospital. “Losing a child to influenza is heartbreaking and I want to extend our deep sympathy to the family,” said Dr.

Comment

One confirmed flu death in Yakima County
          by Action News StaffThursday, December 19th 2019

YAKIMA COUNTY -- The Yakima Health District confirms one Yakima County resident has died from the flu so far this year.
          https://kimatv.com/news/local/one-co...-yakima-county

Flu kills Yakima County resident, sixth death in state this season
          Yakima Herald-Republic Dec 18, 2019 Updated 11 hrs ago

The Yakima Health District has confirmed the season’s first influenza-
          related death in Yakima County, according to a news release. The district identified the deceased as an adult who had preexisting medical conditions. Statewide, at least six people have died from the flu so far this season.

Comment

Week 50
            Dec 8 – Dec 14, 2019
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Washington.png
Views:	375
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	821562

State Summary: Flu activity is increasing and elevated
            • Eight lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to date.
            • Eight influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2019-2020 season
            to date.
            • During week 50, 5.8 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
            illness, above the baseline of 1.5 percent.
            • During week 50, 23.1 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
            were positive for influenza.
            • Influenza A and Influenza B were reported during week 50.

Comment

First child flu death reported in Pierce County this season
              by KOMO News Staff and The Associated PressMonday, December 23rd 2019

Washington state health officials are warning people to get their flu shots as hospitals see a spike in cases. (Photo: KOMO News)

TACOMA, Wash. -- A Pierce County child under 5 years old died this past weekend from flu complications, marking the first child flu death in the county this season, the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department said.

The child reportedly had underlying health issues that increased their risk. It is the second flu-related death reported in the county this season.
              TACOMA, Wash. -- A Pierce County child under five years old died this past weekend from flu complications, marking the first child flu death in the county this season, the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department said. The child reportedly had underlying health issues that increased their risk. It is the second flu-related death reported in the county this season.

Comment

Week 51
                Dec 15 – Dec 21, 2019

Views:	351
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	821819
                State Summary: Flu activity is increasing and elevated
                • Eleven lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to date.
                • Eight influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2019-2020 season
                to date.
                • During week 51, 7.1 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                • During week 51, 28.7 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                • Influenza A and Influenza B were reported during week 51.

Comment

Week 52 Dec 22 – Dec 28, 2019

Views:	337
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	822119
                  State Summary: Flu activity is elevated
                  • Nineteen lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to date.
                  • Ten influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to
                  date.
                  • During week 52, 8.5 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                  • During week 52, 19.8 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                  • Influenza A and Influenza B were reported during week 52.

Comment

Spokane County closes 2019 with first flu-related death of the season
                    2 hrs ago

SPOKANE, Wash. - Health officials say Spokane County saw its first flu-related death of the season around the tail-end of 2019.

The death was reported to the Spokane Regional Health District last week on Tuesday, Dec. 31. The SRHD says the person was in their 60's and did not have the flu vaccine.

The death is the first in Spokane County and one of 19 in Washington state so far this season, according to the Department of Health.

Comment

21 flu deaths confirmed in Washington state so far
                      POSTED 11:44 AM, JANUARY 7, 2020, BY ASSOCIATED PRESS, UPDATED AT 07:19PM, JANUARY 7, 2020

OLYMPIA, Wash. -- Twenty one deaths have been confirmed from the flu in Washington state so far this season, including two children who died, the state Department of Health reports.

The latest update from health officials says flu activity in the state is elevated, with more than 1,800 patients reporting flu-like systems during the last week of December alone - the most recent period for which data is available.

Of the 21 people who have died in Washington state, one was less than 5 years old and another was between the ages of 5 and 17, state health officials report. Two adults between the ages of 30 and 49 also died, and the remaining 18 deaths were people aged 50 or older.
                      Articles and videos about 21 flu deaths confirmed in Washington state so far on FOX13 News | Seattle & Western Washington | Formerly Q13 News.

Comment

Week 1
                        Dec 29 – Jan 4, 2020

Views:	329
Size:	43.8 KB
ID:	822627
                        • Thirty lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to date.
                        • Twelve influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2019-2020
                        season to date.
                        • During week 1, 8.6 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                        • During week 1, 17.1 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                        • Influenza A and Influenza B were reported during week 1.

Comment

Week 2 Jan 5 – Jan 11, 2020

Views:	321
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	823321
                          • Thirty six lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to date.
                          • Eighteen influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2019-2020
                          season to date.
                          • During week 2, 8.6 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                          • During week 2, 16.4 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                          • Influenza A and Influenza B were reported during week 2.

Comment

Second child dies in Pierce County from flu complications
                            POSTED 2:55 PM, JANUARY 23, 2020, BY Q13 NEWS STAFF, UPDATED AT 08:25PM, JANUARY 23, 2020

PIERCE COUNTY, Wash. – Another child death due to flu complications has Pierce County health officials urging people to get the flu shot.

The department says the patient was between 10 and 15 and had no previous health issues. It’s the second child death this season in Pierce County with seven adults also dying so far in the area.
                            Articles and videos about Second child dies in Pierce County from flu complications on FOX13 News | Seattle & Western Washington | Formerly Q13 News.

Comment

Week 3
                              Jan 12 – Jan 18, 2020

Views:	309
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	824659
                              • Thirty eight lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2019-2020 season to date.
                              • Twenty one influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2019-2020
                              season to date.
                              • During week 3, 8.6 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                              • During week 3, 16.3 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                              • Influenza A and Influenza B were reported during week 3.

Comment

Working...
                              X