• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WA: 236 die from flu in Washington state this season

Source: http://www.columbian.com/news/2018/j...hington-state/

20 die from flu in Washington state
    By Associated Press
    Published: January 4, 2018, 7:01 AM

SEATTLE — State health officials say 20 people have died from the flu so far this season in Washington state.

The Seattlepi.com reported Wednesday that one of the deaths was in King County, four were in Pierce County and five were in Snohomish County.

Officials say most of the people who have died from the flu were older than 70 and had underlying health conditions...
    Last edited by Emily; March 18, 2018, 11:22 PM.

46 Deaths to date 2017-18 Season: https://www.doh.wa.gov/Portals/1/Doc...-FluUpdate.pdf

Comment

Washington State Influenza Update
      Week 02: January 7, 2018-January 13, 2018
      Washington State Department of Health, Communicable Disease Epidemiology
      Please note all data are preliminary and may change as data are updated
      State Summary: Flu activity remains elevated
      ? Eighty six lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to date.
      ? Sixty four influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the 2017-2018
      season to date.
      ? During week 2, 2.3 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
      illness, above the baseline of 1.1 percent.
      ? During week 2, 24.2 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
      were positive for influenza.
      ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 2.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Washington state flu deaths reach 109 for current season
        Originally published January 26, 2018 at 8:10 pm Updated January 26, 2018 at 8:37 pm

The number of fatalities, according to a report released Friday, is seemingly on track with last year's rate at this time. The country, meanwhile, is grappling with what is on track to be the worst flu season in nearly a decade.

Jessica Lee By Jessica Lee
        Seattle Times staff reporter
        The number of flu-related deaths across Washington state this season reached 109 last week, up from 29 earlier this month, according to tallies by the state Department of Health.

This season?s fatalities, according to a report released Friday, are seemingly on track with last year?s rate at this time. The country, meanwhile, is grappling with what is on track to be the worst flu season in nearly a decade, with people seeking care at a rate rivaling the 2009 swine flu pandemic.

Of the deaths so far this season, state officials linked 82 cases to influenza A and 25 to influenza B, according to the report, which is the department?s latest compilation of flu data.
        The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Washington State reports 109 flu-related deaths, including one child, through Week 3.

Click image for larger version

Name:	WA Week 3.PNG
Views:	72
Size:	373.5 KB
ID:	789363
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Week 04: January 21, 2018-January 27, 2018

• One hundred and thirty two lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
            date.
            • One hundred and thirteen influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the
            2017-2018 season to date.
            • During week 04, 2.7 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
            • During week 04, 19.7 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
            • Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 04.
            Last edited by Ronan Kelly; February 8, 2018, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Week 05: January 28, 2018-February 3, 2018

One hundred and fifty one lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
              date.
              ? One hundred and thirty four influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for
              the 2017-2018 season to date.
              ? During week 05, 3.3 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
              ? During week 05, 19.6 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
              ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 05

Comment

Week 06: February 4, 2018-February 10, 2018
                ? One hundred and seventy six lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
                date.

? One hundred and fifty influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the
                ? During week 06, 2.4 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                ? During week 06, 19.1 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 06.

Comment

Week 07: February 11, 2018-February 17, 2018

State Summary: Flu activity is decreasing
                  ? One hundred and eighty nine lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
                  date.
                  ? One hundred and fifty three influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for
                  ? During week 07, 2.5 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                  ? During week 07, 17.7 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                  ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 07.

Comment

Flu Still Widespread In Washington, Slows Nationally
                    The flu is slowing down amid one of the worst flu seasons in recent memory. Washington did not get hit as hard as last flu season, however.
                    By Neal McNamara , Patch Staff | Mar 3, 2018 10:45 am ET
                    In Washington, 200 people have died of flu so far, according to the state Department of Health - and that's lower than the 2016-17 season. By this time last year, 278 people had died of flu in Washington. Snohomish, Spokane, and King counties have the highest flu death totals at around 30 each this season.
                    The flu is slowing down amid one of the worst flu seasons in recent memory. Washington did not get hit as hard as last flu season, however.

Comment

Week 09: February 25, 2018-March 3, 2018
                      ? Two hundred and eleven lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
                      date.

? One hundred and eighty nine influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for
                      ? During week 09, 2.3 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                      ? During week 09, 17.9 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                      ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 09.

Comment

Week 10: March 04, 2018-March 10, 2018

? Two hundred and twenty one lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
                        date.

? One hundred and eighty six influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for
                        ? During week 10, 2 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                        ? During week 10, 18.4 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                        ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 10

Comment

Week 11: March 11, 2018-March 17, 2018
                          ? Two hundred and thirty six lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
                          date.

? One hundred and eighty nine influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for
                          ? During week 11, 2.5 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                          ? During week 11, 21.1 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                          ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 11.

Comment

Week 13: March 25, 2018-March 31, 2018
                            ? Two hundred and fifty two lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to
                            date.

? Two hundred and thirteen influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the
                            ? During week 13, 1.9 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                            ? During week 13, 21.7 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                            ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 13

Comment

Week 14: April 1, 2018-April 7, 2018
                              ? Two hundred and sixty lab-confirmed influenza deaths have been reported for the 2017-2018 season to date.
                              ? Two hundred and fifteen influenza-like illness outbreaks in long term care facilities have been reported for the
                              ? During week 14, 1.4 percent of visits among Influenza-like illness Network participants were for influenza-like
                              ? During week 14, 17.3 percent of specimens tested by WHO/NREVSS collaborating laboratories in Washington
                              ? Influenza A and influenza B were reported during week 14

Comment

Working...
                              X