Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginia Influenza 2017-18: 2 fatalities, including 1 chlid

Virginia boy dies from complications related to flu, strep throat

A Virginia boy has died from complications related to the flu, according to published news reports and a statement from the child's family.

WWBT-TV in Richmond reports Kevin Baynes Jr., a 7-year-old from Pittsylvania County, died at a hospital Sunday.

Baynes, who lived in Hurt, was sent home from school Friday after vomiting and falling asleep in class, WWBT reported from the child's father. The report went on to say that Baynes was taken to an emergency room Saturday morning, where doctors gave him several prescriptions after he tested positive for the flu and strep throat.

The boys' parents called 911 Sunday morning and took the child to a hospital after he became unresponsive. He was pronounced dead at the hospital, the report stated...
    A Virginia boy has died from complications related to the flu, according to published news reports and a statement from the child's family.
    Last edited by JimO; January 30, 2018, 10:21 AM.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Family blames flu for Glen Allen woman?s death
    POSTED 4:56 PM, JANUARY 29, 2018, BY WEB STAFF, UPDATED AT 10:48PM, JANUARY 29, 2018

GLEN ALLEN, Va. -- Linda Simkins-Stagg died Saturday at a hospital in Henrico, according to her son and husband. The 59-year-old woman died due to complications associated with the flu, double pneumonia, and sepsis, her family added.

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Death from Flu Reported at UVA Medical Center
      Posted: Feb 16, 2018 4:07 PM EST
      Updated: Feb 16, 2018 5:19 PM EST

Eric Swenson

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (WVIR) -
      The University of Virginia Medical Center says one of its patients has died from the flu.

Doctors with the UVA Medical Center say this year is being classified as a "moderately heavy" flu season. They say it has been one of the busiest years related to the flu that they have seen in a while.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X