Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utah Influenza 2017-18; 16 fatalities

A ?particularly viral? flu is going around in Utah
    Though they say those numbers are not out of line with past years, health officials are still urging Utahns to get vaccinated, wash their hands and avoid going to work when infected.

By Luke Ramseth
    ?
    9 hours ago
    More than 400 people have been hospitalized with seven reported deaths as Utah?s 2017-2018 flu season gained momentum in recent weeks.
    Three people died in Salt Lake County due to flu-related issues last week, with the other two deaths coming earlier in the flu season, which generally runs from October to May. Most were at least 65 years old, according to Salt Lake County Health Department data.

The two deaths in Wayne County, meanwhile, involved an elderly couple who had been visiting the area, said Sarah Bagley, a Central Utah Health Department spokeswoman.
    More than 400 people have been hospitalized with seven reported deaths as Utah’s 2017-2018 flu season gained momentum in recent weeks.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Loved ones mourn Utah woman who died due to flu complications
    POSTED 9:24 PM, FEBRUARY 8, 2018, BY KIERSTEN NU?EZ

WEST JORDAN, Utah -- A 41-year-old West Jordan mother passed away this week due to complications from the flu. It was a sickness her loved ones thought would just keep her in bed for a couple of days, but it took her life.

Sabrina Clark's loved ones can't believe this could happen to someone so healthy and active.
    WEST JORDAN, Utah — A 41-year-old West Jordan mother passed away this week due to complications from the flu. It was a sickness her loved ones thought would just keep her in bed for a couple of days, but it took her life. Sabrina Clark’s loved ones can’t believe this could happen to someone so healt

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

16 flu deaths in Salt Lake County this season
      By Annie Knox, KSL | Posted Feb 10th, 2018 @ 8:12pm

SALT LAKE CITY ? Sixteen people have died from the flu this season in Utah's most populous county, health officials said Friday.

Each of the fatal cases involved adults ages 18 and older, according to the most recent Salt Lake County Health Department figures available, from Oct 1. through Feb. 3.
      Sixteen people have died from the flu this season in Utah's most populous county, health officials said Friday.

Comment

Working...
      X