X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

State Flu Homepage: https://www.dshs.texas.gov/IDCU/dise...2019-2020.aspx

CEDAR HILL
    Dallas County Confirms Fifth Flu-Related Death of the Season
    Dallas County offering free season flu vaccines to children and adults, clinic info below
    By Frank Heinz • Published 58 mins ago • Updated 42 mins ago

A fifth person has died in Dallas County after contracting influenza, the county health department says.

Dallas County Health and Human Services Department confirmed the death Tuesday of a 85-year-old resident of Cedar Hill. It is not clear if the patient had preexisting medical conditions.
    https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/d...eason/2288005/
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; January 11, 2020, 07:05 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Texas boy Jaxon Campbell dead after contracting the flu
      By Jackie SaloJanuary 7, 2020 | 12:45pm | Updated

A 10-year-old Texas boy died over winter break after coming down with the flu, officials said.

Austin Elementary School student Jaxon Campbell was remembered as a “vibrant young boy” after he died while visiting family for the holidays, news station KTBC reported.

The fifth-grader had been suffering from the flu when he died Dec. 27, though the exact cause of death hasn’t been determined, the outlet reported.
      A 10-year-old Texas boy died over winter break after coming down with the flu, officials said. Austin Elementary School student Jaxon Campbell was remembered as a “vibrant young boy” af…
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Sixth flu-related death reported, Dallas County health officials say
        An 82-year-old Dallas County resident has died from the flu this season.
        Author: WFAA Staff
        Published: 5:30 PM CST January 10, 2020
        Updated: 5:30 PM CST January 10, 2020
        An 82-year-old Dallas County resident has died from the flu, becoming the county’s sixth flu-related death this season, according to Dallas County Health and Human Services.

The patient was a resident of Dallas, but no other information has been given due to medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons.

Texas Influenza Surveillance Report
        2019-2020 Season/2020 MMWR Week 01
        (December 29, 2019 – January 4, 2020)
        Report produced on 01/10/2020
        Summary
        Influenza activity is high across the state and is above the Texas-specific ILI baseline. Compared to the previous week, the percentage of specimens testing positive for influenza reported by hospital laboratories has decreased. The percentage of patient visits due to influenza-like illness (ILI) has decreased. No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported. No influenza-associated institutional outbreaks or school closures were reported. In Texas, rhino/enterovirus was the most frequently detected non-flu respiratory virus.
        One thousand one hundred twenty-six P&I deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season.
        Eight influenza-associated pediatric mortalities have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round by law in Texas.

Comment

Dallas high school student unexpectedly dies; family believes it was flu-related
          By David SentendreyPublished 9 hours agoUpdated 6 hours agoDallasFOX 4

DALLAS - A Bishop Lynch High School student appears to have died from the flu.

The girl's family addressed hundreds of mourning classmates and families on Saturday.
          https://www.fox4news.com/news/dallas...as-flu-related

Bishop Lynch junior dies from the flu, diocese spokesperson says
          Reese Termulo was a junior at Bishop Lynch High School, according to a spokesperson for the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.
          Author: WFAA Staff
          Published: 10:46 AM CST January 13, 2020
          Updated: 10:46 AM CST January 13, 2020
          DALLAS — A student at Bishop Lynch High School has died from the flu, a spokesperson for the Catholic Diocese of Dallas has confirmed.

Reese Termulo died on Friday. She was a junior at the school and a member of the Bishop Lynch Brigade dance team, spokesperson Annette Taylor says.

Extra counselors were on campus at Bishop Lynch High School on Monday to provide support for students and staff.

A spokesperson for the Dallas County Health and Human Services said Monday they could not confirm the girl's death was flu-related.

Last edited by Ronan Kelly; January 13, 2020, 04:55 PM. Reason: Added 2nd report

Comment

FIRST EL PASO FLU DEATH ANNOUNCED – HERE’S WHERE TO GET A FLU SHOT
            TRICIAJanuary 13, 2020

If you think the flu is nothing serious, think again. There has been a death from complications of the flu announced by City of El Paso officials.

The El Paso Department of Public Heath announced the first flu-associated death in the El Paso area. Officials say a man in his 70’s who had underlying medical conditions died as a result of the flu. Officials say even though the man who died was a senior citizen, the majority of cases being reported to the City this year are children. City officials say parents should make sure that their children’s flu immunizations are current. The number one defense against the virus and the flu is the flu vaccine. They say that a flu shot is a good way to help prevent getting the flu.

Read More: First El Paso Flu Death Announced-Here's Where To Get A Flu Shot | https://kisselpaso.com/first-el-paso...edium=referral

Comment

9 flu-related deaths confirmed in Dallas County, health officials say
              Flu season typically peaks around January or February and could last as late as May, health officials say.
              Author: Jozelyn Escobedo (WFAA)
              Published: 5:49 PM CST January 15, 2020
              Updated: 5:49 PM CST January 15, 2020
              DALLAS — Nine adults have died in Dallas County during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to the Dallas County Department of Health and Human Services.

In addition to the nine adult victims, confirmation is pending from the medical examiner’s office on four possible influenza-deaths, DCCHS said.

Two of those victims are children, according to health department officials.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Texas.png
Views:	234
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	823189
                One thousand one hundred twenty-six P&I deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season.
                One influenza-associated pediatric death was reported during week 02.
                The death was reported for a 1-year-old resident of HSR 2/3 with underlying conditions. A specimen collected from the child was positive for influenza B by PCR. The child’s vaccination status for the current season is unknown.
                Nine influenza-associated pediatric mortalities have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round by law in Texas.

Comment

Dallas Co. Health Officials Confirm 16-Year-Old Is 10th to Die From Flu-Related Complications
                  Teresa "Reese" Termulo died Jan. 10
                  Published at 8:23 pm on January 17, 2020

A student at Bishop Lynch High School in Dallas died from complications from the flu this past weekend, bringing the total number of influenza-related deaths in North Texas to seven this year.

Dallas County health officials confirmed Friday a 16-year-old Bishop Lynch High School student died from flu-related complications.

Teresa "Reese" Termulo died Jan. 10 and was the 10th person to die from flu-related symptoms in the 2019-20 season, according to Dallas County Health and Human Services.
                  Dallas County health officials confirmed Friday a 16-year-old Bishop Lynch High School student died from flu-related complications. Teresa “Reese” Termulo died Jan. 10 and was the 10th person to die from flu-related symptoms in the 2019-20 season, according to Dallas County Health and Human Services. Bishop Lynch issued the following statement to NBC 5 on Monday. “It is with profound…

Comment

Crosby woman dies from flu after trip to Israel, family says

Monday, January 20, 2020 7:26PM
                    CROSBY, Texas (KTRK) -- The family of a 21-year-old Crosby woman is distraught after they say the seemingly healthy traveler died of the flu after a trip to Israel.

According to a friend's Facebook post, Yael Elizabeth Good was taken to an emergency room on Jan. 6 with flu symptoms and was later transferred to an ICU. Good suffered a heart attack the next day, according to the friend, and died after her organs failed during surgery.
                    The 20-year-old, who loved to travel, always seemed healthy, according to the family.

Comment

Three SA children have died from the flu this season, according to Metro Health report
                      Two of those pediatric deaths were reported in early January. Influenza remains at widespread levels locally and across Texas.
                      Author: David Lynch (KENS 5)
                      Published: 4:13 PM CST January 21, 2020
                      Updated: 4:24 PM CST January 21, 2020
                      SAN ANTONIO — As influenza season rages on across most of the country, City of San Antonio officials say two local children died from the flu in early January.

Three pediatric deaths have been reported in total for the season, dating back to late September. The data from Metro Health is in regard to flu activity up to Jan. 11, and is the latest available report.

Comment

Dallas County Health Confirms 11th Flu-Related Death of 2019-2020 Season
                        Published 1 hour ago • Updated 1 hour ago

Dallas County health officials confirmed Wednesday a 34-year-old person died after contracting the flu. As per usual, identifying information was not released about the patient though county officials did say the person did not have any underlying medical conditions.
                        A 34-year-old Dallas County resident recently died after contracting the flu, health officials said Wednesday. Dallas County Health and Human Services confirmed the patient is the 11th flu-related death in the county during the 2019-2020 flu season. As per usual, identifying information was not released about the patient though county officials did say the person did not have any underlying…

Comment

DCHHS Reports 14 Flu-Related Deaths of 2019-2020 Season
                          Dallas County Health and Human Services reports the 12th, 13th, and 14th flu-related deaths in Dallas County
                          By Hannah Jones • Published on January 23, 2020 at 8:38 pm

The patients were 77, 62, and 37 years old, all of whom had underlying medical conditions and were residents of Dallas County.
                          Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting the 15th flu-related death in Dallas County for the 2019-2020 season. The patient was a 54-year-old Dallas resident who had underlying medical conditions. 14 adults deaths and 1 pediatric death have been reported in Dallas County during the 2019-2020 flu season. Two other possible influenza-associated pediatric deaths are pending Medical Examiner’s determination…

Comment

Views:	204
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	824595
                            One thousand seven hundred fourty-eight P&I deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season.
                            Four influenza-associated pediatric death was reported during week 03.
                            The first death was reported for a 16-year-old resident of HSR 2/3 with no underlying conditions. A specimen collected from the child was positive for influenza B by PCR. The child was not vaccinated for the current season.
                            The second death was reported for a 6-year-old resident of HSR 6/5S with underlying conditions. A specimen collected from the child was positive for influenza A(H1N1) by PCR. The child was not vaccinated for the current season.
                            The third death was reported for a 7-year-old resident of HSR 8 with underlying conditions. A specimen collected from the child was positive for influenza A(H1N1) by PCR. The child was not vaccinated for the current season.
                            The fourth death was reported for a 17-year-old resident of HSR 8 with underlying conditions. A specimen collected from the child was positive for influenza B by rapid antigen test. The child was not vaccinated for the current season.
                            Thirteen influenza-associated pediatric mortalities have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round by law in Texas.

Comment

Flu still hitting Central Texas, Travis County sees second death
                              Monday Austin Public Health tweeted that another person died in Travis County after catching the flu. This makes two deaths.
                              Author: Daranesha Herron (KVUE)
                              Published: 7:03 PM CST January 27, 2020
                              Updated: 11:41 AM CST January 28, 2020
                              AUSTIN, Texas — On Monday, Austin Public Health tweeted that another person in Travis County died because of flu-related illnesses, which makes two deaths this season.
                              Monday Austin Public Health tweeted that another person died in Travis County after catching the flu. This makes two deaths.

Comment

Views:	180
Size:	110.2 KB
ID:	826472
                                Two thousand six hundred fifty P&I deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season.
                                Two influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 04.
                                The first death was reported for a 16-year-old resident of HSR 2/3 with underlying conditions. The child tested influenza B positive by PCR and was vaccinated for the current season.
                                The second death was reported for a 10-year-old resident of HSR 2/3 with no underlying conditions. The child tested influenza B positive by PCR and it is unknown if they were vaccinated for the current season.
                                Fifteen influenza-associated pediatric mortalities have been reported in Texas during the 2019-2020 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round by law in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X