• Show
Clear All

Homepage: http://www.dshs.texas.gov/IDCU/disea...ance/2019.aspx

Click image for larger version

Name:	Texas.png
Views:	56
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	808918

One thousand eight hundred and sixty-five P&I deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2018-2019 influenza season.
    No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 09.
    Six influenza-associated pediatric deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2018-2019 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round and by law in Texas.
    https://www.dshs.texas.gov/IDCU/dise...9Wk09Mar08.pdf
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; March 14, 2019, 04:29 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

DCHHS Reports 12th and 13th Flu-Related Deaths of 2018-2019 Season
      DALLAS (March 6, 2019) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting the 12th and 13th
      flu-related deaths in Dallas County for the 2018-2019 season. The 12th patient was 84 years of age and a
      resident of Dallas and the 13th patient was 86 years old and a resident of DeSoto. For medical confidentiality
      and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Views:	43
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	809355
        One thousand eight hundred and sixty-five P&I deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2018-2019 influenza season.
        One influenza-associated pediatric death was reported during week 10 but occurred during week 09 in a 12-year-old resident of HSR 6/5S with underlying health conditions. A specimen collected from the child was positive for influenza B by PCR. The vaccination status is unknown.
        Seven influenza-associated pediatric deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2018-2019 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round and by law in Texas.

Comment

Houston girl dies of flu, first local pediatric case this season
          By Todd Ackerman Updated 7:59 pm CDT, Friday, March 15, 2019

A 12-year-old Houston girl has died of flu-related causes, the year's first pediatric death in Houston and the second in the region.

The girl was sick most of February and hospitalized before succumbing to the disease at the end of the month, Houston health officials said. She had pre-existing conditions and suffered from multiple organ failures, they said.
          The season's other pediatric deaths included three in north Texas, one in Central Texas and one in the Rio Grande Valley. The first occurred in October and the next four were in January.

Still, the number of pediatric deaths in Texas is down from last season, when the flu killed 17 Texas children and 12,598 people. That season was the worst in a decade, nationally and in Texas.

Comment

DCHHS Reports 14th Flu-Related Death of 2018-2019 Season
            DALLAS (March 19, 2019) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting the 14th flurelated death in Dallas County for the 2018-2019 season. The patient was 71 years of age and a resident of
            Dallas. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional
            identifying information.

Comment

Views:	56
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	809777
              Influenza-Associated Pediatric Mortality
              No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 11.
              Seven influenza-associated pediatric deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2018-2019 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round and by law in Texas.

Comment

Denton County Reports First Flu-Related Child Death This Season
                March 25, 2019 at 2:26 pmFiled Under:Child Death, DCPH, Denton County, Denton County Public Health, DFW News, Flu, Flu Death, influenza, pediatric influenza-associated death

DENTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) ? Denton County Public Health reported the first pediatric influenza-associated death in Denton County for the 2018-2019 flu season.

While influenza-associated deaths of children up to 18 years old are required to be reported, DCPH said to protect confidentiality, neither the child?s age, zip code nor any other information is being released.

Comment

Views:	49
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	810192
                  No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 12.

Comment

Views:	45
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	810694
                    No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 13.

Comment

City officials say a fourth person in El Paso has died from the flu this season
                      by StaffMonday, April 8th 2019

EL PASO, Texas (CBS4) ? The El Paso Department of Public Health announced Monday that a fourth person has died of the flu virus this season.

It is unknown if the man, who was in his early 90s, had received the flu vaccine this season; however, public health officials confirmed the man had underlying medical conditions.
                      The El Paso Department of Public Health announced Monday that a fourth person has died of the flu virus this season. It is unknown if the man, who was in his early 90s, had received the flu vaccine this season; however, public health officials confirmed the man had underlying medical conditions. &ldquo;Our investigation has concluded that this man&rsquo;s death was related to his contraction of the influenza virus,&rdquo; said Fernando Gonzalez, lead epidemiologist.

Comment

Views:	51
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	811025
                        No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 14.

Comment

Views:	48
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	811833
                          No influenza-associated pediatric deaths were reported during week 16.
                          Eight influenza-associated pediatric deaths have been reported in Texas during the 2018-2019 influenza season. Cases of influenza-associated pediatric mortality (children <18 years of age) are reportable year-round and by law in Texas.

Comment

Working...
                          X