Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCHHS reports seven additional flu-related deaths of season
    32nd, 33rd, 34th, 35th, 36th, 37th and 38th cases
    DALLAS (Jan. 17, 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting seven additional flu-related deaths in Dallas County totaling 38 flu-related deaths for the 2017-2018 season. The patients range in age from 51 to 89 and were residents of Cedar Hill, Dallas, Garland, DeSoto and Rowlett. All patients had high risk health conditions and died after complications from the seasonal flu. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

Case Age Residence

32nd 85 Cedar Hill

33rd 89 Dallas

34th 75 Garland

35th 51 Dallas

36th 78 Dallas

37th 84 Desoto

38th 78 Rowlett

Current toll:
    Bexar: 1
    Dallas: 38
    Denton: 2
    El Paso: 1
    Harris (including Houston): 4
    McLennan: 2
    Montgomery: 1
    Tarrant: 3
    Travis: 11 (including Austin)
    ​Total: 63
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Collin County Health Reports Five Flu-Related Deaths

The Collin County Health Department confirms Thursday five flu-related deaths have been reported in the county.

The deaths are the first fatalities for the county this flu season, but bring the North Texas total number of deaths to 48.

There have been 38 reported deaths in Dallas County, three in Tarrant County and two in Denton County.

All of the deaths reported in Collin County were adults; further details about the patients has not been disclosed.

The Collin County Health Department confirms Thursday five flu-related deaths have been reported in the county.
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

In Post #13, some details of three of the four pediatric deaths are provided. The deaths occurred one each in HSR 2/3, HSR 4/5N, and HSR 8. The death in HSR 8 appears to be the Bexar County death. The death in HSR 2/3 is likely in the Dallas area. However, no deaths have been reported in any of the HSR 4/5N counties; therefore, this would increase the total by one pediatric death in an unidentified HSR 4/5N county.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Two Montgomery County Jail Inmates Die at Hospital after Testing Positive for the Flu

Two Montgomery County Jail inmates who tested positive for the flu died at an area hospital, the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office confirmed Friday. The deaths of the Inmates Mosheer Rashid, 41, and Carl Bible, 35, bring the total number of flu-related deaths in Montgomery County to three this season.
          Two Montgomery County Jail inmates who tested positive for the flu died at an area hospital, the Montgomery County Sheriff's Office confirmed Friday. The deaths of inmates Mosheer Rashid, 41, and Carl Bible, 35, bring the total number of flu-related deaths in Montgomery County to three this season. The third victim, a 70-year-old man, passed away Tuesday in the hospital. "It's been a horrible flu season for everybody," MCSO Lt. Scott Spencer said. "It's nationwide." Rashid was booked into jail Sept. 27 on a felony assault charge. He was first seen for an illness Dec. 8 by medical staff at the jail. He improved with treatment until feeling ill again Dec. 10, the Sheriff's Office said.

Comment

Travis County reports 12 flu-related deaths through Week 2. Click image for larger version

Name:	Travis .PNG
Views:	102
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	788621
            The best way to protect yourself from the flu is with a flu vaccination. The vaccine this year protects against the most common strains of the virus, including H1N1, which caused a pandemic in 2009.

Comment

6 Flu-Related Deaths Reported In Collin County

COLLIN COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) ? The deadly flu season continues in North Texas. The Collin County Health Department reported six deaths related to the illness this season Thursday.

Officials with the department said the deaths are all adults but haven?t released ages or if they had any prior health issues.

On Wednesday, Dallas County Health and Human Services reported seven flu-related deaths of adults from 51 to 89 years old. This brought the total deaths this flu season to 38.

The deadly flu season continues in North Texas. The Collin County Health Department reported six deaths related to the illness this season Thursday.

Comment

Two flu-related deaths in El Paso reported

EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14/CBS4) Two El Paso men have died from the flu, said health officials Thursday.

The two men, in their 90s, had underlying medical conditions, said officials.

Both had received the flu vaccine, said Public Health Director Robert Resendes.
                Two El Paso men have died from the flu, said health officials Thursday.The two men, in their 90s, had underlying medical conditions, said officials.Both had received the flu vaccine, said Public Health Director Robert Resendes.?We continue to urge El Paso

Comment

January 18, 2018 NEWS RELEASE
                  Two Additional Flu-Related Deaths in El Paso
                  El PASO, Texas ? The Department of Public Health has recorded two more flu-related deaths in El Paso this season with
                  both cases involving men in their 90?s who had received the flu vaccine but who had underlying medical conditions.
                  ?We extend our condolences to the patient?s family and other loved ones,? said El Paso Department of Public Health
                  Director Robert Resendes. ?We continue to urge El Paso residents to be vaccinated and to do everything they can to
                  prevent the flu as the season continues and as the number of cases increases exponentially.?
                  There have been 2,181 confirmed flu cases reported in El Paso so far this season, almost 7 times greater than the 320
                  reported at this time last year.

Current toll:
                  Collin: 6
                  Dallas: 38
                  Denton: 2
                  El Paso: 3
                  Montgomery: 3
                  Tarrant: 3
                  Travis: 12 (including Austin)
                  Unknown pediatric: 1
                  ​Total: 75
                  The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Comment: I think this total for Collin may be an error. - Ro

Flu Responsible for 86 Deaths in North and Northeast Texas
                    By SCOTT MORGAN • 39 MINUTES AGO
                    The number of flu deaths in Collin and Dallas counties combined reached 86 this week. Seven new flu-related deaths in Dallas County Wednesday bring the total to 38; another five deaths in Collin County were confirmed Thursday bring the total to 48.

http://ketr.org/post/flu-responsible...ortheast-texas

Comment

8 flu deaths reported in Tarrant County, but the number of cases could be dropping

The flu continues to be widespread across Tarrant County with sick patients filling doctor?s offices and emergency rooms ? yet there may be a glimmer of hope.

Tarrant County Public Health?s chief epidemiologist Russell Jones said the number of people with flu-like illnesses coming to emergency rooms may be dropping.

?I will tell you looking at the preliminary data, the very preliminary ER data, last week looks to be a peak,? Jones said. ?We don?t know if it?s the peak.?is year, the predominant strain is H3N2, which tends to cause more deaths and hospitalizations.

Officials say the flu cases will continue to widely circulate into February. And it could go up again.

Comment

Denton County reports third flu death

Denton County health officials reported Friday morning that a third person, an adult, has died from complications of the flu.
                        Last week, the deaths of two other Denton County residents, one child and one adult, were attributed to influenza.

Denton County health officials reported Friday morning that a third person, an adult, has died from complications of the flu. Last week, the death...

Comment

DCHHS reports 39th and 40th flu-related deaths of season
                          First pediatric death confirmed
                          DALLAS (Jan. 19, 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting the 39th and 40th flu-related deaths of the season. The 39th patient was a 81-year old resident of Dallas. The 40th patient was a 17-year-old resident Dallas. Both patients had high risk health conditions and died after complications from the seasonal flu. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

Case Age Residence

39th 81 Dallas

40th 17 Dallas

Current toll:
                          Collin: 6
                          Dallas: 40
                          Denton: 3
                          El Paso: 3
                          Montgomery: 3
                          Tarrant: 8
                          Travis: 12 (including Austin)
                          Unknown pediatric: 1
                          ​Total: 82 (maybe 83?)

Comment

DCHHS reports three additional flu-related deaths of season
                            41st, 42nd and 43rd cases
                            DALLAS (Jan. 22, 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting three additional flu-related deaths in Dallas County totaling 43 flu-related deaths for the 2017-2018 season. The patients range in age from 53 to 93 and were residents of Grand Prairie and Dallas. All patients had high risk health conditions and died after complications from the seasonal flu. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

Case Age Residence

41st 68 Grand Prairie

42nd 53 Dallas

43rd 93 Dallas

Comment

3 New Flu-Related Deaths Reported in Dallas County

Three additional flu deaths were reported Monday in Dallas County, raising the toll from this season to 43 deaths.

The latest patients ranged from age 53 to 93 and lived in Grand Prairie and Dallas, Dallas County Health and Human Services officials reported.

The North Texas death toll from the flu this season now stands at 60. In addition to Dallas County, there have been eight reported deaths in Tarrant County, six in Collin County and three in Denton County.

Comment

Galveston County Health District Reports Season?s First Flu-Related Death

GALVESTON COUNTY, Texas ? A 61-year old female is Galveston County?s first flu-related death of the 2017-2018 flu season. The woman, who had pre-existing health conditions, died in mid-January.

This is first flu-associated death of a Galveston County resident reported to GCHD since a child died from flu complications in 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X