Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DCHHS reports two additional flu-related deaths of season
    73rd and 74th cases
    DALLAS (March 5, 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting two additional flu-related deaths in Dallas County totaling 74 flu-related deaths for the 2017-2018 season. The patients were 66 and 94-years-old. Both patients had high risk health conditions and died after complications from the seasonal flu. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

Case Age Residence

73rd 66 Dallas

74th 94 Dallas

Bexar: 2
    Collin: 14
    Dallas: 74
    Denton: 12
    El Paso: 15
    Galveston: 2
    Harris (including Houston): 7
    Hays: 1
    McLennan: 2
    Midland: 7
    Montgomery: 3
    Parker: 1
    Tarrant: 33
    Travis (including Austin): 45

Total: 218
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

El Paso?s Flu-Related Death Tally Now at 18, Including Toddler
      Staff Report March 8, 2018

The City of El Paso Department of Public Health confirms that the number of flu-related deaths in El Paso has climbed to 18 with a small child being one of the latest victims of the virus.
      A woman in her 40s is the first flu-related death involving an individual without underlying medical conditions.

Additionally, a boy under the age of five also died and was listed with only one medical condition; and a woman in her 60?s ? who had underlying medical conditions ? has become the 18 flu-related death in El Paso this season.

The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

March 12 DCHHS reports four additional flu-related deaths of season

Comment

March 8, 2018 NEWS RELEASE
          18 Flu-Related Deaths Reported Including El Paso Toddler
          El PASO, Texas ? The City of El Paso Department of Public Health confirms that the number of flu-related deaths in El
          Paso has climbed to 18 with a small child being one of the latest victims of the virus.
          A woman in her 40s is the first flu-related death involving an individual without underlying medical conditions. A boy
          under the age of five also died and was listed with only one medical condition. A woman in her 60?s who had underlying
          medical conditions has become the 18 flu-related death in El Paso this season. The table below describes all 18 confirmed
          flu-related cases reported so far this season.
          1. Female 50?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          2. Male 90?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          3. Male 90?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          4. Male 80?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          5. Male 80?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          6. Female 80?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          7. Female 70?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          8. Male 80?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          9. Male 80?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          10 Male 50?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          11. Female 70?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          12. Female 70?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          13. Male 80?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          14. Male 60?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          15. Female 50?s Underlying Medical Conditions
          NEW 16. Female 40?s No Underlying Medical Conditions
          NEW 17. Male Under 5 Underlying Medical Condition
          NEW 18. Female 60?s Underlying Medical Conditions

Comment

March 12 DCHHS reports four additional flu-related deaths of season

Comment

19th flu related death reported in El Paso
              By: Staff Report
              Posted: Mar 21, 2018 01:33 PM MDT

Updated: Mar 21, 2018 01:33 PM MDT

El Paso, TX - El Paso's Department of Public Health says there has been another flu-related death, the 19th this season in El Paso. The victim was a woman in her 50s with underlying medical conditions.

DCHHS reports four additional flu-related deaths of season

75th, 76th, 77th and 78th cases

DALLAS (March 12, 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting four additional flu-related deaths in Dallas County totaling 78 flu-related deaths for the 2017-2018 season. The patients range in age from 87 to 93 and were residents of Dallas. All patients had high risk health conditions and died after complications from the seasonal flu. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

Case
              75th
              Dallas
              76th
              Dallas
              77th
              Dallas
              78th
              Dallas

DCHHS reports second pediatric death of the flu-season

79th case

DALLAS (March 21, 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting an 8-year-old Dallas County resident with a high-risk health condition has died after complications from the seasonal flu. This is the second pediatric death in Dallas County for the 2017-2018 flu season, bringing the total number of flu-related deaths to 79. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

http://www.dallascounty.org/departme...deathdchhs.php

Comment

DCHHS reports third pediatric death of the flu-season
                80th case of season

DALLAS (April 3 2018) ? Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting an 11-year-old Dallas County resident with a high-risk health condition has died after complications from the seasonal flu. This is the third pediatric death in Dallas County for the 2017-2018 flu season, bringing the total number of flu-related deaths to 80. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

150 North Texans And Thousands Across State Have Died From The Flu This Season
                By MOLLY EVANS ? 1 MINUTE AGO
                One person in Parker County, 12 people in Denton County, 24 in Collin County, 33 in Tarrant County and 80 in Dallas County have died from the virus.
                Updated, April 16More than 150 people in North Texas and thousands more across the state have died from the flu this season.One person in Parker County,…

Comment

UPDATE: FLU-RELATED DEATHS CLIMB TO 20 IN EL PASO
                  MONIKAApril 5, 2018

Another person falls victim to the flu raising the death toll in El Paso to twenty.

The most recent patient was a man in his 50s who had the flu and had no underlying medical conditions

Comment

Dallas County Reports Two More High-Risk Flu-Related Deaths

Published at 4:29 PM CDT on Apr 6, 2018 | Updated at 4:36 PM CDT on Apr 6, 2018

There have been more than 100 flu-related deaths in North Texas during the 2017-2018 flu season.
                    Two people with high-risk health conditions are dead after developing complications from the seasonal flu, Dallas County Health and Human Services confirms.

The deaths bring the total number of flu-related deaths in the county to 82 for the 2017-2018 season.

The patients were a 33-year-old from Lewisville and a 77-year-old from Dallas. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.
                    Two people with high-risk health conditions are dead after developing complications from the seasonal flu, Dallas County Health and Human Services confirms.

Comment

Flu season is Travis County?s deadliest on record, data shows
                      METRO-STATE By Katie Hall - American-Statesman Staff 0

Posted: 12:00 a.m. Sunday, April 08, 2018

Highlights
                      49 people have died from the flu in Travis County this season.

This has been the deadliest flu season by far since county officials first began tracking flu deaths in 2009.

Comment

Denton County reports another flu-related death
                        Posted by Mark Smith Date: Friday, April 13, 2018Leave a comment

Denton County Public Health reported Friday the thirteenth influenza-associated death, an adult, in the county for the 2017-2018 flu season.

Comment

Collin County
                          Collin County had reported 24 flu deaths as of late March. All the victims were adults, chief epidemiologist Jawaid Asghar said

Tarrant County
                          Tarrant County reported 33 flu deaths as of April, a health department spokesman said

Bexar: 2
                          Collin: 24
                          Dallas: 82
                          Denton: 13
                          El Paso: 20
                          Galveston: 2
                          Harris (including Houston): 7
                          Hays: 1
                          McLennan: 2
                          Midland: 7
                          Montgomery: 3
                          Parker: 1
                          Tarrant: 34
                          Travis (including Austin): 49

Total: 247

Comment

Brutal flu season claims more than 150 lives across Dallas-Fort Worth

Written by

Dana Branham, Breaking news reporter

Dallas County
                            A fourth pediatric death was reported Thursday in Dallas County, bringing the season's toll to 83.

That's more than four times the 17 flu-related deaths reported in the entire 2016-17 season, health officials said.

The most recent victim was an 16-year-old with a high-risk health condition who died after complications from the seasonal flu.

Comment

Working...
                            X