• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas: Influenza 2016-17

First Flu-Related Death of the Season Reported in El Paso
    By: Andra Litton
    Posted: Feb 23, 2017 03:33 PM MST
    Updated: Feb 23, 2017 05:02 PM MST

Copyright 2017 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    El Paso, TX (KTSM) - A man in his 90s with underlying health conditions has become the city's first flu-related death of the season, according to the City of El Paso Department of Public Health.

According to the health department, the man tested positive for Influenza A and it's unknown if he got a flu vaccine this season.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Second flu-related death of the season reported in El Paso
    by Jesse MartinezTuesday, February 28th 2017

EL PASO, Texas (KFOX14 / CBS4) ? A woman in her 80s with underlying medical conditions has died after being diagnosed with the flu, health officials said.
    This marks the second flu-related death of the season. Last week, a man in his 90s who also had underlying medical issues died after being diagnosed with the flu.
    A woman in her 80s with underlying medical conditions has died after being diagnosed with the flu, health officials said.This marks the second flu-related death of the season. Last week, a man in his 90s who also had underlying medical issues died after be
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

83-year-old is Dallas County's 8th flu death this season

Written by
      Reece Kelley Graham, Breaking News Reporter

Dallas County has reported another flu-related death in Dallas, bringing this season's total to eight.
      Dallas County has reported another flu-related death in Dallas, bringing this season's total to eight. The latest victim was an 83-year-old...

Comment

DCHHS reports 11th flu-related death of season
        Staff Report 6 hrs ago 0

Officials encourage everyone to get their flu shots each year.
        Dallas County Health and Human Services (DCHHS) is reporting the 11th flu related death in Dallas County for the 2016-2017 season.

The 71-year-old resident of Dallas died after complications from the seasonal flu. For medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons, DCHHS does not provide additional identifying information.

Comment

DCHHS Reports 12th and 13th Flu Deaths in Dallas County
          03/20/2017| by Olivia Nguyen| Bookmark and Share Share Post
          Dallas County Health and Human Services reported its 12th and 13th flu-related deaths in Dallas County for the 2016-17 season.

According to a DCHHS statement, the 84-year-old and 82-year-old residents of Carrollton and Balch Springs died after complications from the seasonal flu.

Comment

Child, 8, Dies from Flu Complications in Dallas County

NBC10.com
            An 8-year-old child has died from the flu in Dallas County, health officials say Thursday.
            The child's death is the first pediatric flu death of the season in Dallas County, and further details were not released, for medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons.

Source: Child, 8, Dies from Flu Complications in Dallas County | NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/Ch...#ixzz4dVug3eaz

Comment

DCHHS Confirms 16th Flu-Related Death of Current Season
              04/17/2017| by Olivia Nguyen|
              Dallas County Health and Human Services confirmed its 16th flu-related death in Dallas County for the 2016-17 season.

According to a DCHHS statement, a 62-year-old resident of Dallas died after complications from the seasonal flu. The DCHHS has not provided any additional information for medical confidentiality and personal privacy reasons.
              Breaking news, local reporting, and expert insights on the business of healthcare in Dallas and North Texas.

Comment

75-year-old is Dallas County's 17th flu death this season, the worst in 3 years
                FILED UNDERDALLAS COUNTY AT 5 HRS AGO SHARE

Written by

Reece Kelley Graham, Breaking News Reporter

Dallas County reported another flu-related death this week, bringing the season's total to 17.
                The latest victim was a 75-year-old Dallas resident who died of complications from seasonal influenza, according to Dallas County Health and Human Services.
                The 17 victims represent the most flu-related deaths the county has seen since the 2014-15 season, six of them since March 4.
                Dallas County reported another flu-related death this week, bringing the season's total to 17.The latest victim was a 75-year-old Dallas resident...

Comment

Working...
                X