Texas: 13 Influenza associated pediatric deaths in the 2014-15 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas: 13 Influenza associated pediatric deaths in the 2014-15 season

The Austin/Travis County Health and Human Services Department is confirming the first influenza-associated pediatric death in Austin/Travis County. Officials say the child did test positive for the rapid A influenza test and that the child had several underlying health conditions.
    The death brings the total number of flu deaths this season to nine. Two adults were less than 60-years-old and the six adults were 60 and older.

Texas news, weather, traffic and sports from FOX 7, serving Austin, Round Rock, and San Marcos. Watch breaking news live or see the latest videos from programs like Good Day Austin.

Texas Influenza Surveillance Report
    2014?2015 Season/2015 MMWR Week 10
    (March 08, 2015 ? March 14, 2015)
    Report produced on 3/20/2015

Summary
    Overall, influenza activity remained about the same in Texas compared to last week. Texas influenza-like illness (ILI)
    indicators demonstrated a very marginal increase compared to last week. The percentage of specimens positive for
    influenza increased compared to last week, and the proportion of influenza positive results that were identified as
    influenza B continued to increase. ILI activity remains above the 2014-2015 state ILINet baseline of 5.42%.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Texas.png
Views:	42
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	727534
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu continues to pummel Dallas County; 17 deaths confirmed

Sherry Jacobson Email sjacobson@dallasnews.com
      Published: March 23, 2015 11:30 am

Despite the warming temperatures and blooming flowers, flu activity increased in Dallas County with 11.8 percent of tests returning positive in mid-March.

One newly confirmed adult death in the week ending March 14 raised the total flu-associated deaths in Dallas County to 17. Two additional deaths are awaiting final autopsy results to determine the primary cause of death.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X