No announcement yet.

Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth area seasonal flu 2013/2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LA: Obit- Died 1/26/24 of flu/pneumonia complications; M, 34 yrs.

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
    Source: http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh...97&fh_id=14597

Obituaries
    Philip Edward Fugate

...Phil passed away January 26, 2014 in Shreveport, Louisiana after complications with the flu and pneumonia...
    Chandler, Texas, the likely site of infection, is approximately 90 miles from Dallas. Please consider moving and / or cross-referencing this young man's obituary to the Dallas / Fort Worth, Texas thread [FT#216295].

Comment

Re: Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth area seasonal flu 2013/2014

Obituary.
      <table align="center" border="0px" cellpadding="2px" cellspacing="0px" style="background-color: #ffe9c4; border-color: darkred; border-radius: 4px; border-style: ridge; border-width: 12px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-top: 2px; width: 77%;">
      <tbody>
      <tr style="float: center;"><td style="font-size: 140%; font-weight: bold;">Philip Edward Fugate
      </td></tr>
      <tr style="float: left;"><td style="font-size: 100%; font-weight: bold;">September 24, 1979</td><td style="font-size: 100%;"> to </td><td style="font-size: 100%; font-weight: bold;">January 26, 2014</td>
      </tr>
      <tr><td style="color: green; font-size: 120%; font-weight: bold;">34 Years Old</td></tr>
      <tr style="float: center;"><td style="font-size: 90%;">Phil loved carpentry work, horseback riding, camping, and taking his beloved children on special outings.
      </td></tr>
      <tr style="float: center; font-size: 100%;"><td></td></tr>
      <tr style="float: center; font-size: 60%;"><td><a href="http://www.meaningfulfunerals.net/fh/home/home.cfm?&fh_id=14597" target="_blank">Chandler Memorial</a> Funeral Home</td></tr>
      <tr style="float: center;">
      <td align="center" style="vertical-align: middle; width: 75%;"><div style="background-color: navajowhite; border-bottom-left-radius: 20px; border-bottom-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius: 20px; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border: 2px solid maroon; color: black; line-height: 18px; padding: 10px; text-align: center; width: 70%;">
      <div style="text-align: left;">
      <span style="font-family: Georgia, Times New Roman, serif; font-size: 100%;">'Phil passed away January 26, 2014 in Shreveport, Louisiana after complications with the flu and pneumonia. He was born September 24, 1979 in Hyden, Kentucky. He?s been the manager of Chandler Memorial Funeral Home for 13 years.

Phil loved carpentry work, horseback riding, camping, and taking his beloved children on special outings. He was an amazing husband, daddy, son, and brother . . . '

</span></div>
      </div>
      </td></tr>
      </tbody></table>

Comment

Collin County's flu-related deaths rise to 7 amid widespread cases

Collin County?s latest flu surveillance report shows the number of flu-related deaths has increased to seven, all adults. That?s up from four a week earlier.

The report includes data through Jan. 18. It describes flu activity level in the county as widespread, the same label used in the previous report through Jan. 11...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

H1N1 flu victim that nearly died is back home in Arlington

ARLINGTON -- A woman who could barely stand and was within "one day of death," according to her doctors, is miraculously back at home in Arlington.

Julie Shelley was taken to the emergency room at JPS Hospital just before Christmas day.

"Doctors said a day later it would've been too late, because then I would have turned septic," she said.

Comment

Originally posted by tetano View Post
            H1N1 flu victim that nearly died is back home in Arlington

ARLINGTON -- A woman who could barely stand and was within "one day of death," according to her doctors, is miraculously back at home in Arlington.

Julie Shelley was taken to the emergency room at JPS Hospital just before Christmas day.

"Doctors said a day later it would've been too late, because then I would have turned septic," she said.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/H1N1-...242866981.html
            We can be thankful that this woman is living.

We cannot be thankful for the unscientific, but conveniently self-congratulatory, response of the medical team telling her that one more day would have been too late. Did they compare her viral load at certain tissue types against known viral loads of fatal cases in a matched cohort with known symptom onset date and known medical care seeking date? Was she specifically one day earlier than those matched to her who had died or was the statement pure managed messaging?

Did the HCW/PH spokesperson just issue the back-patting statement from rote? Seems that we've also repeatedly heard the inverse blaming of the victim upon a death attended in a medical facility, "If she had only come one day earlier, she would be alive today." Again without empirical basis.

How many have we seen that sought medical care, some multiple times, and were sent home to either die or to die upon returning for a final medical request? Seeking medical care is not a guarantee of survival, nor should that position be stated by rote unless evidence is at hand.

Comment

175 Fatalities in Texas
              by
              2014-01-30 *

• pH1N1 Dominant Texas Fatality by County [Excel]
              • pH1N1 Dominant Texas Fatality by County [html/css]

* 2014-01-30 Updated Stats from Jim Oliveros

Comment

Two new flu deaths reported in Dallas County as outbreak winds down

Dallas County health officials reported two additional flu deaths Friday for a total of 42 deaths since the season began last fall.

Comment

Sixth Flu-Related Death Confirmed in Denton County

Health officials in Denton County confirmed Friday their sixth flu-related death of the season...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Eighth flu-related death reported in Tarrant County

While a series of influenza cases continues to drop, Tarrant County has reported a eighth flu-related death.

Six of a deaths tested certain for Type A influenza, though two, including a latest one, tested certain for Type B.

Type B typically doesn?t means widespread outbreaks like Type A, and it?s mostly found in places such as schools and nursing homes, pronounced Russ Jones, arch epidemiologist for Tarrant County Public Health.

H1N1, a widespread aria this year, is a Type A strain.

http://www.txnewsfeed.com/amarillo/e...arrant-county/
                    Originally placed at:
                    Texas - Seasonal flu 2013/2014 (other than Dallas or Houston areas) [FT#215854].

Tarrant County covers the Texas city of Fort Worth and surrounding communities.

Comment

Two new flu deaths reported in Dallas County as outbreak winds down

Dallas County health officials reported two additional flu deaths Friday for a total of 42 deaths since the season began last fall.

http://www.topix.com/health/swine-fl...eak-winds-down
                      News story.
                      <table align="center" border="0px" cellpadding="2px" cellspacing="0px" style="background-color: #ffe9c4; border-color: darkred; border-radius: 4px; border-style: ridge; border-width: 12px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-top: 2px; width: 80%;">
                      <tbody>
                      <tr style="float: center;"><td style="font-size: 140%; font-weight: bold;">Two new flu deaths in Dallas County as outbreak winds down
                      </td></tr>
                      <tr style="float: center;"><td style="font-size: 90%;">Health officials in Denton County also reported the sixth flu death Friday ? a Sanger woman in her 40s. Tarrant County was reporting eight flu deaths as of this week and Collin County had seven.
                      </td></tr>
                      <tr style="float: center; font-size: 60%;"><td>By Sherry Jacobson</td></tr>
                      <tr style="float: center; font-size: 60%;"><td><a href="http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/" target="_blank">The Dallas Morning News</a>
                      5:03 pm on January 31, 2014</td></tr>
                      <td align="center" style="vertical-align: middle; width: 75%;"><div style="background-color: navajowhite; border-bottom-left-radius: 20px; border-bottom-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius: 20px; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border: 2px solid maroon; color: black; line-height: 18px; padding: 10px; text-align: center; width: 65%;">
                      <span style="font-family: Georgia, Times New Roman, serif; font-size: 100%;">'Dallas County health officials reported two additional flu deaths Friday for a total of 42 deaths since the season began last fall.

The county?s positive flu tests fell to 11.7 percent for the week ending Jan. 25. They peaked at 27.7 percent in the third week of December.'

</span></div>
                      </div>
                      </td></tr>
                      </tbody></table>

Comment

Originally posted by NS1 View Post
                        News story.
                        <table align="center" border="0px" cellpadding="2px" cellspacing="0px" style="background-color: #ffe9c4; border-color: darkred; border-radius: 4px; border-style: ridge; border-width: 12px; box-shadow: 0 5px 15px rgba(0,0,0,0.8); padding-bottom: 2px; padding-left: 5px; padding-right: 5px; padding-top: 2px; width: 85%;">
                        <tbody>
                        <tr style="float: center;"><td style="font-size: 140%; font-weight: bold;">Two new flu deaths in Dallas County as outbreak winds down
                        </td></tr>
                        <tr style="float: center;"><td style="font-size: 90%;">Health officials in Denton County also reported the sixth flu death Friday ? a Sanger woman in her 40s. Tarrant County was reporting eight flu deaths as of this week and Collin County had seven.
                        </td></tr>
                        <tr style="float: center; font-size: 60%;"><td>By Sherry Jacobson</td></tr>
                        <tr style="float: center; font-size: 60%;"><td><a href="http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/" target="_blank">The Dallas Morning News</a>
                        5:03 pm on January 31, 2014</td></tr>
                        <td align="center" style="vertical-align: middle; width: 75%;"><div style="background-color: navajowhite; border-bottom-left-radius: 20px; border-bottom-right-radius: 20px; border-top-left-radius: 20px; border-top-right-radius: 20px; border: 2px solid maroon; color: black; line-height: 18px; padding: 10px; text-align: center; width: 65%;">
                        <span style="font-family: Georgia, Times New Roman, serif; font-size: 100%;">'Dallas County health officials reported two additional flu deaths Friday for a total of 42 deaths since the season began last fall.

The county?s positive flu tests fell to 11.7 percent for the week ending Jan. 25. They peaked at 27.7 percent in the third week of December.'

</span></div>
                        </div>
                        </td></tr>
                        </tbody></table>
                        Monitor
                        or
                        Control and Prevent

As of today, 2014-02-01, neither the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention or independent labs in the State of Texas have published a single genetic sequence sampled during or after that peaking period of the High Intensity genetics.

Citizens have been blinded and cast adrift by public health leaders to face this storm of record-setting fatality that continues to destroy the lives of healthy, vaccinated adults and children.

While we and other citizens do recognise the monitoring effort, a touch of controlling and preventing would be beneficial as well.

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/cla...&pid=169546839

Kimberly Parker (1957 - 2014)
                          Obituary

Kimberly K. Parker, 56, of Dallas, TX, formerly of Jackson, passed away Monday, February 4, 2014 at Baylor Hospital with complications of flu and pneumonia...

Comment

One more flu death reported in Dallas County for a total of 43

Health officials reported another flu death Friday in Dallas County for a total of 43 this season.

snip

Fifty-one additional hospitalizations were reported last week for the flu. So far this season, 951 people have been admitted to local hospitals for flu-related symptoms, according to the county...

Comment

County marks seventh flu-related death

A 50-year-old Aubrey area woman has died from the flu, becoming the seventh flu-related death in Denton County this season, according to the Denton County Health Department...

Comment

County reports eighth flu-related death

A Denton woman in her 40s has died from the flu, becoming the eighth flu-related death in Denton County...

Comment

Working...
                                X