Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas - Seasonal flu 2013/2014 (other than Dallas or Houston areas)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Texas - Seasonal flu 2013/2014 (other than Dallas or Houston areas)

Originally posted by tetano View Post
    Eighth flu-related death reported in Tarrant County

While a series of influenza cases continues to drop, Tarrant County has reported a eighth flu-related death.

Six of a deaths tested certain for Type A influenza, though two, including a latest one, tested certain for Type B.

Type B typically doesn?t means widespread outbreaks like Type A, and it?s mostly found in places such as schools and nursing homes, pronounced Russ Jones, arch epidemiologist for Tarrant County Public Health.

H1N1, a widespread aria this year, is a Type A strain.

http://www.txnewsfeed.com/amarillo/e...arrant-county/
    CrossReferenced to:
    Texas - Dallas/Ft. Worth area seasonal flu 2013/2014 [FT#216295].

Tarrant County covers the Texas city of Fort Worth and surrounding communities.

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bea...&pid=169438519

Obituary

Daniel Ray Roberts, 58, of Orange, passed away Friday, January 31, 2014, at Baptist Hospital in Beaumont..

...In remembrance of Daniel Ray Roberts, the family encourages you to get your flu shot.

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/oao...&pid=169500214

Melanie Smith Sanderson
        1955 - 2014 | Obituary |

LUBBOCK Melanie Smith Sanderson, 58, of Lubbock passed away on February 2, 2014 after a month long battle against the H1N1 Flu Virus...

Comment

Another flu death in Travis County brings total to 15

AUSTIN (KXAN) ? The number of deaths attributed to the flu virus in the Austin-Travis County area are now up to 15, according to Travis County Health and Human Services.

The 15th person to die from influenza this season was a 60-year-old man in January, but despite the deaths, officials say overall they are seeing a decrease in flu-like symptoms and incidents. There are still some patients in Travis County in intensive care with the flu virus...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Flu claims the life of 14th El Pasoan, more than 3,000 cases reported

The number of flu deaths went up Thursday as city officials confirmed a middle-aged El Paso woman was the 14th flu-related death this season in the area...

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Travis County reports 16th flu death, matching total from 2009 swine flu pandemic

As of Wednesday, 16 Travis County residents, including one child, have died of flu. And though flu season is waning, it can last through May...

Comment

14 deaths linked to the flu in El Paso

The Department of public health for the city of El Paso announced today that the total number of deaths related to the flu this season has reached 17, with 14 of the cases related to the strain of influenza A H1N1. The two deaths reported this week are two middle-aged men who were suffering from any chronic condition. While the number of flu cases continues downward, these two recent deaths add up total deaths in El Paso at the same level that was reached during the 2009 H1N1 flu pandemic.'During the season of 2009 - 2010 were recorded 17 deaths related to the flu. Now that we have reached that same number, it is very important to remind the public that much has changed in the course of the last few years. We now have a vaccine against this strain, which has proven to be very effective, and the medical community now knows what is the best way to treat those who have been infected', said Fernando Gonz?lez, Chief epidemiologist. 'We need to continue focusing on prevention and receive the flu shot this season and the next,' he said.

Últimas noticias en tiempo real de Ciudad Juárez, Chihuahua, Mexico y el Mundo

Comment

Working...
                X