• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tennessee Influenza 2017-18; 34 fatalities, including 10 children

3 children have died from the flu in Tennessee, say health officials
    WKRN web staff
    Published: January 4, 2018, 4:31 pm Updated: January 4, 2018, 7:00 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) ? The state?s Department of Health said three children have died of the flu across the state so far this 2017-2018 flu season.

Two of the deaths were in the Eastern part of the state and the other in Middle Tennessee.
    http://wkrn.com/2018/01/04/dept-of-h...-in-tennessee/
    Last edited by JimO; February 9, 2018, 02:23 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Health officials: Pregnant woman dies of flu in Tennessee
    WKRN web staff
    Published: January 8, 2018, 4:13 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) ? Health officials say a pregnant woman has died of the flu in Tennessee.

Bill Christian, spokesman for the Department of Health, says their department learned of the woman?s death Monday.

This brings the total to four deaths so far during the 2017-2018 flu season. Last week, officials announced the deaths of three children due to the virus.
    Bill Christian, spokesman for the Department of Health, says their department learned of the woman’s death Monday.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

MSHA reports 900 local flu cases and one death
      Staff Jan 10, 2018 Updated 4 hrs ago (2)

Bristol, TENN -- Mountain States Health Alliance has reported 900 cases of the flu this year, MSHA Director of Infection Prevention Jamie Swift said Wednesday. Swift also confirmed that there has been one local death -- an elderly person -- due to the flu, but would not go into more detail.

Comment

5 people have now died from the flu in Tennessee

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) ? At least five Tennesseans have died from the flu so far during the 2017-2018 flu season, according to the Tennessee Department of Health.

Four children and one pregnant woman have been killed by the virus in Tennessee.

The number is already higher than the 2016-2017 flu season, when Tennessee saw two pediatric flu-related deaths. During the 2015-2016 season, three children and one pregnant woman died as a result of the virus.
        Flu activity is now widespread in every state in the Lower 48, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
        "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

UTMC reports 3 flu-related deaths so far this season

There have been three flu deaths at UT Medical Center this season, according to Susan Wyatt with UTMC.

Wyatt said the three individuals who died from the flu had "multiple comorbidities" which means the patient had another chronic disease or condition at the time they contracted and died from the flu...

Wyatt said the three individuals who died from the flu had "multiple comorbidities" which means the patient had another chronic disease or condition at the time they contracted and died from the flu.
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Williamson County family says young father died from flu
            By Stephanie Langston
            Published: January 26, 2018, 4:36 pm Updated: January 26, 2018, 5:38 pm

WILLIAMSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) ? A Williamson County family says the flu took the life of their loved one.

Friday marks one week since 33-year-old Craig Childress was laid to rest.

Comment

UPDATE: Flu death total in Tri Cities rises to 10

The flu outbreak continues at a high level in our region with a total of 10 deaths now confirmed at area hospitals.

Mountain States Health Alliance is reporting a total of 295 new cases last week at hospitals and emergency rooms.

These numbers do not reflect cases treated by urgent care of private doctors.

Wellmont Health System reports a total of 82 new cases of flu last week, and 820 total, including 2 deaths.
              The flu outbreak continues at a high level in our region with a total of 10 deaths now confirmed at area hospitals.Mountain States Health Alliance is reporting a total of 295 new cases last week at hospitals and emergency rooms.That is part of a total coun

Comment

Twelve flu-related deaths reported in Tri-Cities region this flu season

TRI-CITIES, TN (WJHL) - Health officials in the region have confirmed that twelve people have died from the flu.

A Mountain States Health Alliance spokesperson said nine people have died from flu-related illness.

Wellmont said it has had three flu-related deaths this flu season.

Flu continues to be widespread throughout the region.

Mountain States said their emergency rooms and hospitals reported nearly 600 cases over the past two weeks.

Wellmont had 82 cases in its hospitals last week.

Those numbers do not reflect cases treated by private physicians and urgent care facilities.

Health officials in the region have confirmed that twelve people have died from the flu.

Comment

7 flu-associated deaths reported in Tennessee

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - The Tennessee Department of Health reported seven people have died from the flu in the state.

The department says three children died in East Tennessee. Three more children died in Middle Tennessee and there was a pregnancy-associated death.

The Tennessee Department of Health reported seven people have died from the flu in the state.?

Comment

UT Medical Center reports 6 flu deaths in January

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Six people died from the flu at UT Medical Center in January, according to statistics released Friday. All six of the patients who died also had other diseases or conditions...
                    All six of the patients who died also had other diseases or conditions.?

Comment

First flu death in Hamblen County reported
                      By: WATE 6 On Your Side staff
                      Updated: Feb 05, 2018 01:58 PM EST

MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (WATE) - A person died from the flu in Hamblen County.

The victim died over the weekend, according to the Hamblen County Coroner.

Comment

Two more Hamblen flu deaths reported

Hamblen County coroner Eddie Davis said Hamblen County suffered its second and third deaths caused by the influenza virus Friday.

The first came early Friday morning while the second died about mid-morning, he said. The first Hamblen County flu death of 2018 happened last Friday.

Davis, who declined to release details about the three victims citing privacy concerns, said that the one man and two women were all adults under the age of 50. Davis said two had underlying health conditions but those would not have placed their lives in an imminently life-threatening condition if not for the flu.

Hamblen County coroner Eddie Davis said Hamblen County suffered its second and third deaths caused by the influenza virus Friday.

Comment

UT Medical Center: 10 flu deaths in East Tennessee

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WATE) - Ten people have died due to the flu this season in East Tennessee, according to the University of Tennessee Medical Center.
                          The hospital says the victims had other conditions as well.

These deaths are not a part of the state's report due to guidelines requiring reports of only children and pregnant patients.

In Tennessee, 6 children have died and one woman who was pregnant.

Comment

Record flu season has taken another child?s life in Tennessee
                            WKRN web staff
                            Published: February 12, 2018, 5:17 pm Updated: February 12, 2018, 10:21 pm

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WKRN) ? The record flu season has taken another child?s life in Tennessee.

The Tennessee Department of Health reported the death of a seventh child due to complications of influenza so far this season on Monday.

Comment

TN reports 8th child death from flu; health departments urge free shots at Friday clinics
                              Kristi L Nelson, USA TODAY NETWORK ? Tennessee Published 11:50 a.m. ET Feb. 15, 2018 | Updated 12:29 p.m. ET Feb. 15, 2018

Another Tennessee child has died of flu complications, the Tennessee Department of Health reported Thursday.

That brings the statewide total of pediatric deaths associated with flu to eight for the 2017-2018 flu season ? three in East Tennessee, five in Middle Tennessee ? plus one pregnant woman in Middle Tennessee.

The state does not track adult deaths related to flu

Comment

Working...
                              X