• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woman dies of Swine Flu shortly after childbirth

http://www.wmctv.com/Global/story.asp?S=11158283

Woman dies of Swine Flu shortly after childbirth
    Posted: Sep 18, 2009 4:01 PM CDT Updated: Sep 18, 2009 7:53 PM CDT
    By Jamel Major

WHITEVILLE, TN (WMC-TV) - A Mid-South woman is struggling to cope after her granddaughter died from Swine Flu earlier this week shortly after giving birth.

The death of Verrie Robertson's granddaughter, 23-year-old Tierra Robertson, still has her asking why.

After being hospitalized for 3 weeks, Tierra died from complications from Swine Flu just moments after she gave birth to her daughter, Regina.

"I believe Christ did this for a reason and I don't mean no harm...I question him about this," she said. "Why would you want to take a mother from her four children, one that's just been born?"

Robertson said Tierra was full of life.

"She's lively, outgoing. She loved to dress and she loved her kids," she said.

Robertson has since received custody of all four of Tierra's children, who are all under age five. Now, she is worried about getting more space to care for her great-grandchildren, while struggling to make ends meet during these tough financial times.

"That's the thing I'm up now against, is finding a bigger place and finish paying the funeral home," she said.

Robertson said she knows the road ahead will be difficult, but she'll rely on prayer and her faith to keep her strong.

"God's going to see me through this," she said. "I don't know what his plans are, but he's going to see me through this."

Tierra's funeral is Saturday afternoon in Whiteville. If you'd like to help the family, you can donate to the Tierra Robertson fund at First South Bank.
Working...
X