Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pregnant Mid-State woman dies from flu complications

Pregnant Mid-State woman dies from flu complications

PORTLAND, Tenn. – A Mid-State family is mourning the loss of a young woman and mother who died from complications of the flu...

On Monday, the 25-year old mother who was seven-and-a-half months pregnant, died at Vanderbilt University Medical Center from complications from the flu.

...The young mother went to a local hospital and was transferred to Vanderbilt University Medical Center, where she was diagnosed with H1N1...

...Doctors were able to save the baby, a little girl named Kayelyn, who weighed just over four pounds....more at link above.
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Re: Pregnant Mid-State woman dies from flu complications

Source: http://www.newschannel5.com/story/14...-with-h1n1-flu

Expectant Mother Passes After Battle With H1N1 Flu
    Posted: Feb 25, 2011 8:09 PM

GALLATIN, Tenn. ? Had she known how important an H1N1 vaccination is for pregnant women, perhaps the expectant mother would still be alive.

Mekisha Agee never got the vaccination, and died Monday at Vanderbilt hospital after catching the virus.

"Today is just a day of sadness, today is a day to mourn," said Terry Martin, Agee's stepfather.

The 25-year-old arrived at Vanderbilt 7 months pregnant, suffering from complications of H1N1...

Comment

Working...
    X