• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Carolina: 149 flu deaths reported to date this season

Source: http://www.wltx.com/story/news/healt...rted/21438799/

14 More SC Flu Deaths Reported
    Liv Osby, The Greenville News 10:48 a.m. EST January 8, 2015

Another 14 deaths from flu were confirmed in the week ending Jan. 3, bringing the total number of fatalities from the virus to 38 so far this season, state health officials said Thursday.

Of the total, 33 of those deaths were among people 65 and older, the group most at risk from flu, according to the state Department of Health and Environmental Control.

Three were between 50 and 64, one was in the five-17 age group and one was in the 18-49 group, DHEC reports.
    And there have been 1,643 hospitalizations for flu since the season began on Sept. 28...

Flu deaths in SC up to 54 as number of cases declines again
    THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    01/15/2015 11:30 AM 01/15/2015 11:31 AM

COLUMBIA, S.C.
    Health officials say 11 more people died from the flu in South Carolina last week even as the number of cases reported is declining fast.

The Department of Health and Environmental Control said Thursday that 54 people have now died during this quickly escalating flu season in South Carolina. Exactly half that many people had died at this same point in the 2013-14 flu season.
    Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/living/...#storylink=cpy
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu still going is SC: 142 deaths reported this season
      THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
      03/14/2015 1:53 PM 03/14/2015 1:54 PM

Story
      Comments
      COLUMBIA, S.C.
      The flu isn't finished with South Carolina.

The Department of Health and Environmental Control reported one new flu death in the first week of March.

Since the flu season started in late September, DHEC says 142 people have died from flu in South Carolina. Only 78 people died from the illness last flu season.
      Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/living/he...#storylink=cpy
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu claims 147 lives in SC so far this season
        Liv Osby, losby@gannett.com 2:14 p.m. EDT March 20, 2015

Though flu season is winding down, South Carolinians are still catching the virus and dying from it.

Some 3,113 people were hospitalized with the flu since the season began on Sept. 28 - 74 of them in the week ending March 14, according to the state Department of Health and Environmental Control's latest report.

Comment

Flu deaths, hospitalizations decreasing in S.C. as long season winds down
          BY JOEY HOLLEMANJHOLLEMAN@THESTATE.COM
          04/02/2015 10:41 PM 04/02/2015 10:41 PM

This long, deadly flu season in South Carolina appears to be finally winding down.

The number of positive lab tests was down 63 percent from the previous week, and the number of positive rapid tests done in physicians offices was down 48 percent.

Flu season, for statistical purposes, starts in late September. This has been the worst season in several years, with 149 deaths and 3,205 hospitalizations. That?s nearly twice the number of deaths as last year, and 80 percent more hospitalizations.

Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/living/healt...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Working...
          X