• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pennsylvania Influenza 2019-20; 100 fatalities, 1 pediatric

State Flu Page: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...19-20-Flu.aspx

5 deaths, over 1600 Flu cases so far in Pennsylvania
    by CBS21 NewsFriday, November 29th 2019

HARRISBURG, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Health says that over 1600 cases of the flu and five flu-related deaths have been reported this year across the state, including counties in Central PA.

ADVERTISING

According to the department's website, flu activity is increasing in all regions of the state, but at this point it is below the Heath & Human Services' regional epidemic threshold.

A total of 1633 confirmed influenza cases have been reported from 60 of the state's 67 counties.
    https://local21news.com/news/local/5...n-pennsylvania
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; December 22, 2019, 07:19 AM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

6 Flu Deaths In PA, Activity 'Widespread' Across State
    Six Pennsylvanians have died from the flu so far this season, health officials said this week.
    By Kara Seymour, Patch Staff
    Dec 11, 2019 10:41 am ET | Updated Dec 11, 2019 11:23 am ET

PENNSYLVANIA — Flu activity is already considered widespread across Pennsylvania, and six deaths connected to the illness have been confirmed so far this season, state officials said this week.

In the last week, flu activity has increased across Pennsylvania, with more than 4,400 cases confirmed between Sept. 29 and Saturday. The county with the highest number of people with the flu is Allegheny, where more than 1,220 cases have been confirmed.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 50 ending 12/14/19)

Pennsylvania Weekly Influenza Report
      Summary:
      Flu activity is increasing in all state regions.
      The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 50 that ended on 12/14/2019, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
      There is cocirculation of influenza A(H3N2), A(H1N1) pdm09 and B/Victoria viruses with the predominant virus varying by region of the state and age group
      A total of 6938 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 65 Counties out of the 67 Counties
      Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has increased and exceeded the state epidemic threshold.
      A total of 144 flu associated hospitalizations and seven flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 51 ending 12/21/19)

Summary:
        The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 51 that ended on 12/21/2019, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
        There is cocirculation of influenza B/Victoria, A(H1N1) pdm09, and A(H3N2) viruses with the predominant virus varying by region of the state and age group
        A total of 11,140 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 65 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
        Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has increased and exceeded the state epidemic threshold.
        A total of 186 flu associated hospitalizations and seven flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 52 ending 12/28/19)
          Summary:
          The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 52 that ended on 12/28/2019, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
          There is cocirculation of influenza B/Victoria, A(H1N1) pdm09, and A(H3N2) viruses with the predominant virus varying by region of the state and age group
          A total of 17,349 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 66 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
          A total of 267 flu associated hospitalizations and nine flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 1 ending 1/4/2020)
            Summary:
            The code for the geographic spread is 'WIDESPREAD' for week 1 that ended on 1/4/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
            Influenza B/Victoria is the most detected flu virus, however influenza A(H1N1) pdm09, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant virus vary by region of the state and age group
            A total of 25,362 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 66 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
            A total of 477 flu associated hospitalizations and 13 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 2 ending 1/11/2020)
              Summary:
              Flu activity has decreased slightly over the past week.
              The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 2 that ended on 1/11/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
              Influenza B/Victoria is the most detected flu virus, however influenza A(H1N1) pdm09, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
              A total of 32,322 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
              Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly decreased, however it is still above the state epidemic threshold.
              A total of 688 flu associated hospitalizations and 24 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 3 ending 1/18/2020)
                Summary:
                Flu activity has decreased slightly over the past week.
                The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 3 that ended on 1/18/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
                Influenza B/Victoria is the most detected flu virus, however influenza A(H1N1) pdm09, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
                A total of 39,421 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
                Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly decreased, however it is still above the state epidemic threshold.
                A total of 836 flu associated hospitalizations and 24 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Two more flu-related deaths reported in Erie County

By David Bruce

Posted at 2:27 PM
                  All three flu-related deaths reported in Erie County this season involve people 50 years of age or older.

Erie County’s 2019-20 flu season continues to target children but older adults are the ones who have died from flu-related illnesses.

Two more flu deaths were reported Wednesday by the Erie County Department of Health, increasing the season’s total to three, said Charlotte Berringer, R.N., director of community health for the health department.

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 4 ending 1/25/2020)
                    Summary:
                    Flu activity has decreased slightly over the past week but is still high.
                    The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 4 that ended on 1/25/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
                    A total of 48,510 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
                    Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly increased and is still above the state epidemic threshold.
                    A total of 1089 flu associated hospitalizations and 33 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 5 ending 2/1/2020)
                      Summary:
                      The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 5 that ended on 2/1/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
                      A total of 59,926 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
                      Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly increased and is still above the state epidemic threshold.
                      A total of 1311 flu associated hospitalizations and 40 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 6 ending 2/8/2020)

Summary:
                        The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 6 that ended on 2/8/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
                        Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
                        A total of 72,460 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
                        A total of 1632 flu associated hospitalizations and 47 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

Comment

PA 2nd Grader Dies From Flu
                          Pennsylvania's first pediatric flu death has been reported in Delaware County.
                          By Kara Seymour, Patch Staff
                          Feb 17, 2020 8:51 pm ET

Authorities have confirmed a second-grade student from the Marple Newtown School District died Sunday from complications from the flu.

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 7 ending 2/15/2020)
                            Summary:
                            Flu activity has decreased over the past week but is still high.
                            The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 7 that ended on 2/15/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
                            influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
                            A total of 84,654 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
                            Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly decreased and is still above the state epidemic threshold.
                            A total of 1,871 flu associated hospitalizations and 54 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date

none of the reported fatalities to date are pediatric.

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 8 ending 2/22/2020)
                              Summary:
                              Flu activity has decreased over the past week but is still high.
                              The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 8 that ended on 2/22/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
                              Influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
                              A total of 95,604 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
                              Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly decreased and is still above the state epidemic threshold.
                              A total of 2,228 flu associated hospitalizations and 66 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date, including one pediatric influenza associated mortality.

Comment

Working...
                              X