No announcement yet.

Pennsylvania Influenza 2019-20; 100 fatalities, 1 pediatric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 9 ending 2/29/2020)
    Pennsylvania Weekly Influenza Report
    Summary:
    Flu activity has decreased over the past few weeks but is still high.
    The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 9 that ended on 2/29/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
    influenza A(H1N1)pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
    A total of 106,013 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
    Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly decreased and is still above the state epidemic threshold.
    A total of 2,501 flu associated hospitalizations and 74 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date, including one pediatric influenza associated mortality.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 10 ending 3/7/2020)
      Summary:
      The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 10 that ended on 3/7/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
      influenza A(H1N1) pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
      A total of 115,469 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
      Percent of outpatient visits associated with Influenza-Like Illness (ILI) has slightly decreased and is still above the state epidemic threshold.
      A total of 2,802 flu associated hospitalizations and 83 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date, including one pediatric influenza associated mortality.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

From the week 10 Pennsylvania ILI report: https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...19-20-Flu.aspx

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pennsylvania2.png
Views:	466
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	835963

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 11 ending 3/14/2020)
          Summary:
          The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 11 that ended on 3/14/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
          Influenza A(H1N1) pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
          A total of 124,690 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
          A total of 3,046 flu associated hospitalizations and 93 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date, including one pediatric influenza associated mortality.

Name:	Pennsylvania.png
Views:	229
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	838108
          https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...19-20-Flu.aspx

Comment

Flu Activity Code: WIDESPREAD (week 12 ending 3/21/2020)
            Summary:
            Percent outpatient visits related to influenza like illness has increased over past few weeks in outpatient clinics and emergency departments.
            The code for the geographic spread is ‘WIDESPREAD’ for week 12 that ended on 3/21/2020, which is the highest on a scale of five geographic spread levels
            influenza A(H1N1) pdm09 is the most detected flu virus, however Influenza B/Victoria, and A(H3N2) viruses cocirculate in the community. The predominant viruses vary by region of the state and age group
            A total of 128,736 laboratory-confirmed influenza cases have been reported season to date. Confirmed reports were received from 67 Counties out of the 67 Counties.
            A total of 3,153 flu associated hospitalizations and 100 flu associated deaths have been reported season-to-date, including one pediatric influenza associated mortality.

Name:	Pennsylvania.png
Views:	92
Size:	186.8 KB
ID:	840847
            https://www.health.pa.gov/topics/dis...19-20-Flu.aspx

Comment

Working...
            X