• Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma Influenza 2019-20; 67 fatalities, 1 pediatric

State Flu Homepage: https://www.ok.gov/health/Prevention...Home_Page.html

1st Flu Death Of Season Reported In Oklahoma
    Thursday, October 31st 2019, 10:02 AM CDT
    Updated: Thursday, October 31st 2019, 10:07 AM CDT
    By: News9.com

The death was reported between Oct. 20 to 26 and is the first death since Sept. 1, 2019.

The death was reported in Tulsa County in a patient who was 65 years of age or older.
    https://www.news9.com/story/41255140...ed-in-oklahoma
    Last edited by Ronan Kelly; January 17, 2020, 05:56 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Health officials: Two more Oklahomans have died from the flu
    POSTED 10:34 AM, DECEMBER 5, 2019, BY KFOR-TV AND K. QUERRY

OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Authorities say two other Oklahomans have died as a result of the flu.

Officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Health announced this week that 28 Oklahoma patients had been hospitalized with the flu, bringing the total number of hospitalizations to 141 since Sept. 1.

In October, experts reported the first victim to die from the virus this season.

Now, health experts say two other Oklahomans have died from the virus, bringing the total number of deaths to three since flu season began on Sept. 1.
    OKLAHOMA CITY (KFOR) – Authorities say two other Oklahomans have died as a result of the flu. Officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Health announced this week that 28 Oklahoma patients ha…
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

State's flu death toll hits 4
      BY KELSY SCHLOTTHAUER
      TULSA WORLD
      Published: Fri, December 13, 2019 1:04 AM Updated: Fri, December 13, 2019 1:22 AM

Another flu-related death was reported in the state between September and late November, bringing this season’s total to four, according to Oklahoma State Department of Health data released Thursday.

The victim was 65 or older and lived in northwest Oklahoma. There have been 168 flu-related hospitalizations in the state since Sept. 1, including the deaths, the data shows, and Blaine County leads the state in hospitalization rate per capita.

Another flu-related death was reported in the state between September and late November, bringing this season’s total to four, according to Oklahoma State Department of Health data released Thursday.…

Comment

Flu Deaths Climb Up To 6 In Oklahoma, State Health Department Reports
        Thursday, December 19th 2019, 10:35 AM CST
        Updated: Thursday, December 19th 2019, 10:38 AM CST

The number of flu deaths in the state has gone up to six since Sept. 1, the Oklahoma State Department of Health reported.

About 169 flu-related hospitalizations were reported since Sept. 1. The state health department said people of all ages have been hospitalized due to influenza but the highest rate has occurred in people over the age of 50.
        The number of flu deaths in the state has gone up to six since Sept. 1, the Oklahoma State Department of Health reported. About 169 flu-related hospitalizations were reported since Sept. 1. The state health department said people of all ages have been hos

Comment

Flu-related deaths rise to 8 for the season after two die in Tulsa, Oklahoma counties
          By Kelsy Schlotthauer Tulsa World 1 hr ago

Two more flu-related deaths were reported in Tulsa and Oklahoma counties, according to Oklahoma State Department of Health data released Thursday.

The newly confirmed victims were in the 18-49 and 50-64 age brackets, marking the first of the season in the former.

More than 430 people have been hospitalized statewide for flu-related symptoms since Sept. 1, including the deaths, and Blaine County continues to lead the state with the most hospitalizations per capita (41%), followed by Cotton County (33%) and Johnston County (27%).

Comment

Flu Deaths Climb Up To 12 In Oklahoma, State Health Department Reports
            Thursday, January 9th 2020, 10:18 AM CST
            Updated: Thursday, January 9th 2020, 10:19 AM CST

The number of flu deaths in the state has gone up to 12 since Sept. 1, the Oklahoma State Department of Health reported.

About 649 flu-related hospitalizations were reported since Sept. 1. The state health department said people of all ages have been hospitalized due to influenza but the highest rate has occurred in people over the age of 50.
            The number of flu deaths in the state has gone up to 12 since Sept. 1, the Oklahoma State Department of Health reported. About 649 flu-related hospitalizations were reported since Sept. 1. The state health department said people of all ages have been hosp

Comment

Child's flu-related death reported in Oklahoma
              by KTUL staffThursday, January 16th 2020

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) – The statewide weekly flu report shows a child has now suffered a flu-related death.

Twenty people have died in Oklahoma this flu season, which extends into May.

New this week, the Oklahoma State Department of Health reports a child 4 years old or younger has died.
              TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) – The statewide weekly flu report shows a child has now suffered a flu-related death. Twenty people have died in Oklahoma this flu season, which extends into May. New this week, the Oklahoma State Department of Health reports a child 4 years old or younger has died. The median age of the Oklahoma flu deaths is 62, the Health Department said. AVOIDING THE FLU: Strategies beyond getting a shot and washing your hands.

Comment

Influenza-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance for 2019-2020 Season

Number of Reported Influenza-Associated Hospitalizations and Deaths, Oklahoma

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between January 5 - January 11, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Jan. 4, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between January 5 - January 11, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Jan. 4, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                203 660 863 6 14 20
                Sentinel Surveillance Summary for January 5 through January 11, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 6.0% (513/8,612).
                • Twenty-seven percent (1,405/5,120) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 70% were influenza B.
                • Fifteen percent (125/852) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

1Influenza-like illness is defined as having a fever (>100?F) combined with a cough and/or a sore throat.
                https://www.ok.gov/health/Prevention..._Flu_View.html

Comment

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between January 12 - January 18, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Jan. 11, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between January 12 - January 18, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Jan. 11, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                  139 876 1015 1 20 21
                  Sentinel Surveillance Summary for January 12 through January 18, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 8.6% (773/8,960).
                  • Twenty-nine percent (1,541/5,340) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 68% were influenza B.
                  • Sixteen percent (121/761) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

1Influenza-like illness is defined as having a fever (>100?F) combined with a cough and/or a sore throat.

Comment

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between January 19 - January 25, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Jan. 18, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between January 19 - January 25, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Jan. 18, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                    166 1026 1192 0 22 22
                    Sentinel Surveillance Summary for January 19 through January 25, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 9.0% (918/10,244).
                    • Thirty percent (1,709/5,649) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 62% were influenza B.
                    • Eleven percent (77/705) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between January 26 - February 1, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Jan. 25, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between January 26 - February 1, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Jan. 25, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                      206 1225 1431 1 22 23
                      Sentinel Surveillance Summary for January 26 through February 1, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 9.4% (943/9,986).
                      • Thirty percent (2,138/7,074) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 55% were influenza B.
                      • Eight percent (67/794) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between February 2 - February 8, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Feb. 1, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between February 2 - February 8, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Feb. 1, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                        245 1443 1688 3 27 30
                        Sentinel Surveillance Summary for February 2 through February 8, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 10.2% (1,013/9,924).
                        • Thirty-one percent (2,053/6,546) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 46% were influenza B.
                        • Seven percent (47/685) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

nfluenza-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance for 2019-2020 Season

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between February 9 - February 15, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Feb. 8, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between February 9 - February 15, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Feb. 8, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                          240 1730 1970 1 35 36
                          Sentinel Surveillance Summary for February 9 through February 15, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 9.5% (972/10,192).
                          • Thirty percent (1,832/6,194) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 40% were influenza B.
                          • Six percent (42/753) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between February 16 - February 22, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Feb. 15, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between February 16 - February 22, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Feb. 15, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                            313 2001 2314 2 43 45
                            Sentinel Surveillance Summary for February 16 through February 22, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 8.8% (880/10,042).
                            • Thirty-three percent (2,314/7,009) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 28% were influenza B.
                            • Five percent (12/254) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

Number of New Hospitalizations Reported between February 23 - February 29, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Hospitalizations with Testing between Sept. 1, 2019 - Feb. 22, 2020 Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019 Number of New Deaths Reported with Testing between February 23 - February 29, 2020 Number of New and Previously Reported Deaths with Testing between Sept. 1 , 2019 - Feb. 22, 2020 Cumulative Deaths Since Sept. 1, 2019
                              316 2346 2662 6 47 53
                              Sentinel Surveillance Summary for February 23 through February 29, 2020

• The percentage of outpatient visits meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 7.8% (782/10,063).
                              • Twenty-nine percent (1,886/6,489) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel sites were positive; 25% were influenza B.
                              • Five percent (32/711) of RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

Working...
                              X