X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oklahoma influenza 2017-18; 283 fatalities

First flu deaths reported in state
    Jessica Miller | Enid News & Eagle 1 hr ago

ENID, Okla. — The state's first deaths from influenza this season have been reported this week.

There were two deaths recorded between Nov. 22 and Nov. 28, 2017, marking the first deaths from the illness since the flu season began on Sept. 1, according to a report released Thursday by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

The deaths occurred in Johnston and McClain counties. Both involved people who were age 65 or older.
    http://www.enidnews.com/news/first-f...28526319d.html
    Last edited by JimO; February 1, 2018, 01:26 PM.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Ten Flu Deaths Reported In Oklahoma
    Posted: Dec 28, 2017 11:43 AM EST Updated: Dec 28, 2017 12:46 PM EST
    BY: NEWSON6.COMEMAIL

OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Department of Health reports ten flu-associated deaths have taken place in the state since September 1, 2017. There have been a total of 425 hospitalizations this flu season.
    Oklahoma is one of 23 states reporting widespread influenza activity.
    The Oklahoma Department of Health reports ten flu-associated deaths have taken place in the state since September 1, 2017. 

10 flu-related deaths reported since beginning of flu season in Oklahoma
    28 Shares
    KOCO Updated: 11:03 AM CST Dec 28, 2017

Two of those flu-related deaths were reported in Oklahoma County. Officials said seven of those who died were over 65 years old, and three were among the age group of 50 -- 64.
    Ten flu-related deaths have been reported since the beginning of this flu season in Oklahoma, officials with the state health department confirmed.
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Hospitalizations tied to flu jump 28 percent in past week statewide

By Mike Elswick / Phoenix Staff Writer 10 hrs ago
      The Oklahoma State Department of Health reported Thursday that 10 people in Muskogee County have already been hospitalized during the young flu season. Statewide, there have already been 10 flu-related deaths reported, while a four-county area around Muskogee has seen more than 25 people hospitalized for the flu, the state reported.
      Of the 425 flu-related hospitalizations reported across Oklahoma this season, more than 25 percent were reported for the Dec. 20-26 week, officials said.
      "Safety and security don't just happen, they are the result of collective consensus and public investment. We owe our children, the most vulnerable citizens in our society, a life free of violence and fear."
      -Nelson Mandela

Comment

OSDH encourages vaccinations as flu-related deaths spike; season total now at 22
        by Clayton YoungmanThursday, January 11th 2018

TULSA, Okla. (KTUL) ? The Oklahoma State Department of Health has reported nine new flu-related deaths across the state.

OSDH says 22 people have now died this flu season. Three of those deaths were reported in Tulsa County.
        The Oklahoma State Department of Health has reported nine new flu-related deaths across the state.OSDH says 22 people have now died this flu season. Three of those deaths were reported in Tulsa County.More than 1,000 people have been hospitalized for flu

Comment

10 flu deaths reported for Tulsa County; statewide total jumps to 45 fatal cases

Seven more flu deaths were recorded in Tulsa County since the start of this season, as hospitalizations continue to far surpass the numbers seen last flu season.

A breakdown by region shows 10 deaths in Tulsa County, seven of which were reported this week. Officials report three in Oklahoma County and 32 deaths

elsewhere across the state. There have been 45 deaths total in the state.

The deaths include only patients 50 and older, according to the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

A total of 1,429 people have been hospitalized for the flu, including 338 in Tulsa County, between Sept. 1 and Tuesday, according to the state. Last year at this point, only 311 flu patients had been hospitalized statewide.

A total of 1,429 people have been hospitalized for the flu, including 338 in Tulsa County, between Sept. 1 and Tuesday, according to the state. Last year at this point,
          "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Health officials: Oklahoma flu deaths reach 74

The number of Oklahomans who died due to the flu this flu season has reached 74, according to the latest report released Thursday morning by the Oklahoma State Health Department.

According to health officials, since the beginning of September 1, 2017, more than 2,000 Oklahomans have been hospitalized due to the flu.
            The number of Oklahomans who died due to the flu this flu season has reached 74, according to the latest report released Thursday morning by the Oklahoma State Health Department.
            "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Oklahoma reports 92 flu-related deaths through Week 4.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OK Week 4.PNG
Views:	241
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	789526
              Current Influenza Statistics Influenza statistics are updated either every Thursday during flu season or the first Thursday of the month at 10:00 a.m. The Oklahoma State Department of Health (OSDH) has designated hospitalizations of patients with a laboratory test result indicating influenza as the diagnosis and influenza-associated deaths as reporta

Comment

Health officials say Oklahoma sets flu death record with 129
                Updated: Feb 8, 2018 - 10:53 AM
                OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Oklahoma health officials say the state has recorded 129 influenza deaths this season - a record for the state - and about 3,000 people have been hospitalized with illness.
                The Oklahoma Department of Health said Thursday that flu deaths since Sept. 1 exceed the previous record of 114 deaths set four years ago. There were 110 flu-related deaths in the state during the previous flu season.

Comment

Oklahoma records first flu-related pediatric death of season

By Associated Press | Posted: Thu 2:58 PM, Feb 15, 2018 | Updated: Thu 2:58 PM, Feb 15, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Oklahoma Department of Health says the state has recorded the first pediatric death of a record-setting flu season that has claimed the lives of 153 people.

Health officials said Thursday that 3,440 people have been hospitalized with flu-related symptoms since Sept. 1, and the number of deaths and hospitalizations in the state surpass any other flu season since the Health Department began tracking the illness in 2009. The previous record of 130 deaths was set during last year's flu season.
                  The Oklahoma Department of Health says the state has recorded the first pediatric death of a record-setting flu season that has claimed the lives of 153 people.

Comment

Flu deaths rise to 173 across Oklahoma
                    POSTED 10:28 AM, FEBRUARY 22, 2018, BY KFOR-TV & K. QUERRY
                    OKLAHOMA CITY ? The flu continues to take its toll on Oklahomans, claiming 173 lives so far this season.

So far this year, officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Health say that 173 people have died from the flu since September. Five of those deaths occurred within the last week.
                    OKLAHOMA CITY – The flu continues to take its toll on Oklahomans, claiming 173 lives so far this season. So far this year, officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Health say that 173 …

Comment

Oklahoma health officials say flu has killed 194 this season

By Associated Press | Posted: Thu 3:24 PM, Mar 01, 2018

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The Oklahoma State Department of Health says this season's flu death toll has reached 194 in Oklahoma and that more than 4,100 people have been hospitalized with flu-related symptoms.

Health officials said Thursday that 157 people have been hospitalized with the flu since Feb. 21, but that no new deaths were recorded.
                      The Oklahoma State Department of Health says this season's flu death toll has reached 194 in Oklahoma and that more than 4,100 people have been hospitalized with flu-related symptoms.

Comment

Flu-Related Deaths Now Over 200 According To OK Department Of Health
                        Posted: Mar 08, 2018 10:40 AM EST Updated: Mar 08, 2018 11:04 AM EST
                        BY: NEWSON6.COMEMAIL

TULSA, Oklahoma - The latest flu season numbers update has been released by the Oklahoma Department of Health. Flu-related deaths have increased to 228, more than last week's 194.
                        The latest flu season numbers update has been released by the Oklahoma Department of Health. Flu-related deaths have increased to 228, more than last week's 194.

Comment

Second pediatric flu death recorded as fatalities reach 238 statewide
                          By Reece Ristau Tulsa World 5 hrs ago 0

An Oklahoma toddler has died as a result of influenza, according to newly released Oklahoma State Department of Health data.

The death was the second of a person age 17 or younger this season.

The death of the toddler was recorded in the department's central region, which encompasses Canadian, Cleveland, Lincoln, Logan, McClain and Pottawatomie counties.

Statewide, the number of flu deaths has reached 238 for the season.

Comment

March 22, 2018, at 12:38 p.m.

Death Toll Rises to 242 in Oklahoma's Record Flu Season

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) ? Health officials say 242 Oklahomans have died from influenza so far this season, deepening the severity of an already record flu season in the state.

The state Department of Health said Thursday more than 4,500 people have been hospitalized with flu-like symptoms since Sept. 1. A total of 1,138 people have been hospitalized with the flu in Tulsa County, more than any other county. Oklahoma County has the second highest number of hospitalizations with 757.

Comment

Health officials: Flu caused 253 deaths across Oklahoma
                              POSTED 9:38 AM, MARCH 29, 2018, BY KFOR-TV & K. QUERRY

OKLAHOMA CITY ? The flu has claimed 253 lives of Oklahomans this season, according to new data released by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

So far this year, officials with the Oklahoma State Department of Health say that 253 people have died from the flu since September.

In all, 27 people had to be hospitalized within the last week due to the flu virus, bringing the total number of hospitalizations to 4,524.
                              OKLAHOMA CITY – The flu has claimed 253 lives of Oklahomans this season, according to new data released by the Oklahoma State Department of Health. So far this year, officials with the Oklahoma Sta…

Comment

Working...
                              X