• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Influenza-Associated Hospitalization Surveillance for 2015-2016 Season
    Number of New Hospitalizations and/or
    Deaths Reported with Testing between
    March 9 - March 15, 2016
    Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since October 4, 2015 Cumulative Deaths since October 4, 2015
    24 301 7
    Sentinel Surveillance Summary for March 6 through March 12, 2016
    • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 4.4% (276/6,241).
    • 19.5% (169/865) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza. 60% (101/168) of positive specimens indicated infection with influenza A.
    • 19.0% (59/311) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
    • 40% (4/10) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive. Two specimens were positive for influenza B, one was positive for influenza A 2009 H1N1, and one was positive for influenza A H3.
    1Influenza-like illness is defined as having a fever (>100?F) combined with a cough and/or a sore throat.
    https://www.ok.gov/health/Disease,_P..._Flu_View.html

Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

State reports first flu death in DelCo

By Kaylea M. Hutson-Miller
      khutson@grovesun.com

Posted Mar. 17, 2016 at 1:07 PM

On Thursday, officials with the Delaware County Health Department, reported the first flu-related death had taken place in the county since the reporting period began in October.
      According to Sean Bridges, health educator with the DelCo Health Department, the individual was in the 18 to 49 age bracket.
      No information about the gender or type of flu, or where in the county the person resided was released by state officials.
      According to Kendra Dougherty, epidemiologist with the Oklahoma Department of Health, the patient died from a strain of Influenza A. However the specific type was unknown.
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

March 16 - March 22, 2016
        Cumulative Hospitalizations and/or Deaths Since October 4, 2015 Cumulative Deaths since October 4, 2015
        14 339 7
        Sentinel Surveillance Summary for March 13 through March 19, 2016
        • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 3.1% (162/5,195).
        • 13.2% (84/638) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza. 55% (46/84) of positive specimens indicated infection with influenza A.
        • 12.2% (33/271) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
        • 17% (1/6) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive. The positive specimen indicated infection with influenza B.
        1Influenza-like illness is defined as having a fever (>100?F) combined with a cough and/or a sore throat.

Comment

March 23 - March 29, 2016
          7 362 7
          Sentinel Surveillance Summary for March 20 through March 26, 2016
          • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 3.5% (188/5,402).
          • 14.8% (90/607) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza. 57% (51/90) of positive specimens indicated infection with influenza B.
          • 11.7% (30/257) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
          • 25% (2/8) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive. Both positive specimens indicated infection with influenza B.

Comment

March 30 - April 5, 2016
            14 386 8
            Sentinel Surveillance Summary for March 27 through April 2, 2016
            • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 1.9% (97/5,148).
            • 12.1% (64/528) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza. 55% (35/64) of positive specimens indicated infection with influenza B.
            • 7.8% (20/258) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
            • 40% (2/5) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive. One specimen indicated infection with influenza A 2009 H1, and the other specimen indicated infection with influenza A H3.

Comment

April 6 - April 12, 2016
              14 415 8
              Sentinel Surveillance Summary for April 3 through April 9, 2016
              • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 1.6% (138/8,584).
              • 11.8% (62/524) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza.
              • 8.7% (18/207) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
              • 33% (2/6) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive. Both specimens indicated infection with influenza B.

Comment

April 13 - April 19, 2016
                13 436 8
                Sentinel Surveillance Summary for April 10 through April 16, 2016
                • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 2.9% (148/5,155).
                • 12.9% (65/504) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza.
                • 7.7% (18/235) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
                • 22% (2/9) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive. Both specimens indicated infection with influenza A 2009 H1N1.

Comment

April 20 - April 26, 2016
                  7 455 8
                  Sentinel Surveillance Summary for April 17 through April 23, 2016
                  • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 1.6% (79/5,003).
                  • 8.3% (35/424) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza.
                  • 2.9% (6/204) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
                  • None (0/2) of specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive.

Comment

May 4 - May 10, 2016
                    3 486 10
                    Sentinel Surveillance Summary for May 1 through May 7, 2016
                    • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 2.2% (113/5,183).
                    • 8.0% (28/352) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza.
                    • None (0/161) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.
                    • None (0/1) of the specimens tested for influenza by PCR at the Public Health Laboratory (PHL) were positive.

Comment

May 11 - May 17, 2016
                      1 549 13
                      Sentinel Surveillance Summary for May 8 through May 14, 2016
                      • The percentage of outpatient visits statewide meeting the criteria for ILI1 was 1.2% (52/4,407).
                      • 6.0% (16/266) of rapid influenza tests performed by sentinel laboratories and physicians were positive for influenza.
                      • 1.3% (2/158) of the RSV tests performed by sentinel laboratories were positive.

Comment

Working...
                      X