• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 flu deaths reported in Oklahoma

Source: http://www.okcfox.com/story/24406952...-linked-to-flu

Five deaths reported in Oklahoma linked to flu
    Posted: Jan 09, 2014 11:57 AM EST Updated: Jan 09, 2014 11:57 AM EST
    By: Jay Dillon, Senior Digital Content Manager - email

...five people have died since flu season started in October through January 7. The five deaths occurred in Kay, Le Flore, Osage, Pittsburg, and Tulsa counties...

...three deaths were of men and women older than fifty, the other two were between the ages of 18 and 49...

Re: Five deaths reported in Oklahoma linked to flu

Seven more flu deaths confirmed in Oklahoma; total now at 12

Seven more flu deaths were confirmed Thursday in Oklahoma, bringing the total number of people who have died this flu season to 12, the state Health Department reported.

The deaths attributed to the flu have happened since Sept. 29. The total includes one child, the Health Department reported.

Four of the deaths were among people who were between the ages of 18 and 49 years old. Another four were among adults who were between 50 and 64 years old.

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: Seven more flu deaths confirmed in Oklahoma; total now at 12

Source: http://www.newson6.com/story/2447205...a-county-child

Health Department: Flu Contributed To Death Of Tulsa County Child
      Posted: Jan 16, 2014 12:30 PM EST Updated: Jan 16, 2014 1:53 PM EST
      Russell Hulstine, NewsOn6.com - email
      TULSA, Oklahoma -

Seven more Oklahomans, including a child in Tulsa County, have died from the flu between January 8 and January 14, 2014 according to figures released Thursday by the Oklahoma State Department of Health...

...The department says one of the Tulsa County deaths was a child under the age of four...

Comment

Re: Eight more flu deaths confirmed in Oklahoma; total now at 20

State health officials raise death toll from influenza to 20, up from 12 flu-related deaths in week

TULSA - Eight deaths in the past week are being attributed to flu in Oklahoma, according to state health officials.

The Oklahoma State Health Department reports 20 people have died since the start of flu season Sept. 29, 2013, up from 12 last week, and 575 people have been hospitalized.

According to state health officials, deaths have occurred in the following counties: Carter (1), Cleveland (1), Comanche (3), Kay (1), Le Flore (1), McClain (1), McIntosh (1), Muskogee (2), Oklahoma (1), Okmulgee (1), Osage (1), Pittsburg (1), Seminole (1) and Tulsa (4).

...more

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: 26 flu deaths reported in Oklahoma

Carter Co. reports first flu death this winter

CARTER COUNTY, OKLAHOMA -- Another person has died from the flu, this time in Carter County.

In Oklahoma there have been 26 reported deaths from the flu in counties across Texoma including in Bryan County and Marshall County.

The name of the person who died in carter county has not been released.

The Oklahoma Health Department has said it was a woman between 18 to 49 years old.

She died from Influenza type A.

Comment

Re: 26 flu deaths reported in Oklahoma

Oklahoma Flu Deaths Rise By 8 To 33

OKLAHOMA CITY -- The Oklahoma Department of Health says eight people have died from the flu during the past week.

The agency reported Thursday that a total of 33 people have died from the flu in the state since Sept. 29. A total of 975 people have either died or been hospitalized due to the virus during the period.

The deaths include two children aged 4 or younger, eight people in the 18-49 age range, 13 people aged 50-64 and 10 people 65 years old or older.

Six deaths have been recorded in Tulsa County and five in Comanche County. Carter, Creek, Le Flore, Muskogee and Pittsburg counties have each recorded two flu deaths. Cleveland, Craig, Custer, Kay, Logan, McClain, McIntosh, Oklahoma, Okmulgee, Osage, Seminole and Washington counties each recorded one flu death.

Comment

Re: 33 flu deaths reported in Oklahoma

11 More Flu Deaths Confirmed In Oklahoma

klahoma has had 11 additional flu deaths this season, the state Health Department confirmed Thursday. By Jaclyn Cosgrove Modified: February 13, 2014 at 11:59 am ? Oklahoma has had 11 additional flu deaths this season, the state Health Department confirmed Thursday. To date, 44 Oklahoma residents have been confirmed to have died because of flu-related complications since September. That number includes 19 residents who were between ages 50 and 64, and 13 Oklahomans who were 65 or older, according to the agency's data. Tulsa County has had the highest number of deaths,...more ?

Oklahoma has had 11 additional flu deaths this season, the state Health Department confirmed Thursday. By Jaclyn Cosgrove Modified: February 13, 2014 at 11:59 am • Oklahoma has had 11 additional flu deaths this season, the state Health Department confirmed Thursday. To date, 44 Oklahoma residents have been confirmed to have died because of flu-related complications since September. That number includes 19 residents who were between ages 50 and 64, and 13 Oklahomans who were 65 or older,

Comment

Re: 51 flu deaths reported in Oklahoma

Source: http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2014/...-oklahoma.html

Death toll from flu in Oklahoma rises to 51
                The Associated Press
                February 27, 2014 Updated 1 hour ago

OKLAHOMA CITY ? Three more people in Oklahoma have died from the flu, the State Department of Health reported Thursday, adding to the record number of influenza-related deaths in the state.

The department said 51 people have now died as a result of the viral disease during the current flu season that started in late September. The previous record of 46 flu-related deaths in 2009, the year that Oklahoma health officials began tracking the statistic, was first broken last week...

Comment

Re: 51 flu deaths reported in Oklahoma

Five more Oklahomans die from influenza

Five more Oklahomans, including one from Tulsa County, have died from the flu, according to data released Thursday by the Oklahoma State Department of Health.

The death toll since October is now at 58, the most reported since the state began tracking flu deaths in 2009. Tulsa County has the most deaths, with 10, followed by Comanche County with six and Oklahoma County with five.

Nearly 1,300 hospitalizations have been reported this season, and nine came in the past week.

Dr. Sarah Elneser, a family practice physician with Hillcrest Medical Center, said the flu season can sometimes last into May and that there likely will be weeks more of activity.

The most likely cause of death with the flu is a secondary infection. People often don't seek health care early enough and then contract something like pneumonia, she said.

Comment

Working...
                  X