Clear All

• OH: First pediatric flu death reported in Columbiana County

Source: http://www.wfmj.com/story/34392151/f...umbiana-county

First pediatric flu death reported in Columbiana County
    Posted: Jan 31, 2017 4:23 PM EST
    By Kate Keller, Healthy Living Reporter
    Connect

BOARDMAN, Ohio -

A six year-old kindergarten student from Salem died after contracting the flu. The Saint Paul School, where the child was a student, received word of the boy's death over the weekend...

Officials: Fourth Ohio child dies from flu-related illnesses
    associated-press-logo
    By Associated Press
    Published: February 14, 2017, 6:56 am Updated: February 14, 2017, 6:56 am

CLEVELAND (AP) ? Four Ohio children have died of flu-related illnesses in the past two weeks as the number of cases statewide appears to be peaking, health officials said Monday.

Two of the deaths were from Columbiana County in eastern Ohio, including a 6-year-old boy from Salem and a 7-year-old boy from East Liverpool, who died on Saturday. Columbiana County Health Commissioner Wes Vins said on Monday that the two boys lived at opposite ends of the county and that nothing has been found to connect their deaths.

The other two deaths were a 7-year-old girl in Fulton County in northwest Ohio and a 6-year-old girl in Cuyahoga County, which includes Cleveland. One child died during the previous flu season, which spans from October to May, and six died during that same period between 2014 and 2015.
    Four Ohio children have died of flu-related illnesses in the past two weeks as the number of cases statewide appears to be peaking, health officials said Monday.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Fifth child dies as flu spreads across Ohio

Wednesday
      Posted Feb 22, 2017 at 4:00 PM
      Updated Feb 22, 2017 at 5:17 PM

By JoAnne Viviano
      The Columbus Dispatch

A 9-year-old Marion County boy with asthma has become the fifth child in Ohio to die because of the flu in what is becoming a rough flu season statewide.

Despite the relatively mild 2016-2017 winter so far, Ohio is close to matching the number of children ? six ? who died during the 2014-15 flu season. One child died last flu season and none in 2013-2014. Adult flu deaths are not reported in Ohio, and health officials could not release whether the children who died had received a flu vaccine.
      Twitter: @RonanKelly13
      The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
      X