Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• North Dakota Influenza 2016-17; 20 fatalities

Widespread flu reported across ND causing at least one death
    By Bismarck Tribune on Jan 19, 2017 at 8:36 p.m.

BISMARCK -- The North Dakota Department of Health is reporting widespread flu activity across the state, and the number of influenza cases has doubled since the start of January.

"Right now, we're seeing really high activity," said Jill Baber, influenza surveillance coordinator for the Health Department. "My guess it will peak in the next couple of weeks."

As of last week, 455 influenza cases have been reported, including 24 hospitalizations and one death, though Baber said she knows of at least a couple other deaths and more hospital visits that haven't officially been reported. The first death ? reported this week ? was an elderly sick resident with H3N2 influenza virus.
    BISMARCK -- The North Dakota Department of Health is reporting widespread flu activity across the state, and the number of influenza cases has doubled since the start of January."Right now, we're seeing really high activity," said Jill Baber, inf...
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

7,000 cases of flu were reported in N.D. during 2016-17 season
    The Health Department says there were 20 flu-related deaths, which is average
    The North Dakota Department of Health website states the number is up more than 600 from the 2014-15 season. The 2015-16 season had just under 2,000 cases.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Working...
    X